Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Worm only fisheries

Out of curiosity, apart from one infamous worm only fishery in Wales, are there any other beats in the UK with such a ludicrous method restriction??

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
    Out of curiosity, apart from one infamous worm only fishery in Wales, are there any other beats in the UK with such a ludicrous method restriction??
    That is strange to be fair. But what about fly only beats thats method restriction to.

Sounds a good idea to me. We should have a few prawn/shrimp only fisheries as well. Then anglers who enjoy fishing these methods, and plenty do(including me!), could happily fish away, without being harassed and looked down upon, by fly only fascists.

The Dee in Aberdeenshire, it tries to be Fly only, even though it there are better methods for C & R.

Not through choice, but most Manx streams are fished by worm only (and occasional spinner). Their small size and lack of streamy fly water make this by far the best method.

Where is this fishery in Wales, I'm intrigued?!

Oscar.

could be Cenarth Falls on the Teifi.

I'm no fly only facist and have no intention of starting up that old argument, but I doubt very much that a worm only fishery is frequented by C&R zealots or progessively minded fishermen either, I was merely curious whether it was indeed unique or whether there were similar facilities for worm drowning gnomes elsewhere in the country?

Default not the uk

Not in the uk mate but id say at least 98% of the moy could be turned into a worm only fishery serious lack of fly water good for a barge tho

Default ridiculous method

"Out of curiosity, apart from one infamous worm only fishery in Wales, are there any other beats in the UK with such a ludicrous method restriction?? "

I'm no fly only facist and have no intention of starting up that old argument, but I doubt very much that a worm only fishery is frequented by C&R zealots or progessively minded fishermen either, I was merely curious whether it was indeed unique or whether there were similar facilities for worm drowning gnomes elsewhere in the country?

Jonsey, dont know if your a fly only facist, but you certainly sound an anti worm facist.
    Your original question was "are there any other beats in the UK with such a ludicrous method restriction??".
    My response wasnt about anything to do with fly or worm, but rather that both rivers seem to have a ridiculous policy of only using one method.

Cheers

Mows

Newcastle Emlyn,Sewin Country,West Wales.

Yes it is the Teifi,and it was brought in by old Welsh Water Board.