Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default traveling abroad

quick?? when on a plane to norway are you allowed to take reels with lines on them and other lines in your hand luggage

NO

Airport security in the UK differs greatly, I have seen reels with lines on travel in hand luggage from a number of UK airports, equally I have seen others that wont let you, Newcastle for example.

I always pack them in my hold luggage as its a real pain if they are turned away at security and need to be checked in separately. There is nothing on the DOT website that says you cannot take reels and lines in your hand luggage, especially when they allow flex for chargers etc. That said you can hardly argue the point with the security guy when he knows you are on a deadline to catch the flight, there will only be one winner!

At some Airports there is absolute NO problem (Zurich / Copenhagen / Trondheim) on others I've had troubles (Vancouver / Dublin). It's really strange and arbitrary how security staff do handle security rules differently from one Airport to an other.

Because of this arbitrary rules I'm really stuff only very harmless products in my handluggage ..... but always the most haviest ones I carry with me

Tight-lines
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Airport security in the UK differs greatly, I have seen reels with lines on travel in hand luggage from a number of UK airports, equally I have seen others that wont let you, Newcastle for example.

I always pack them in my hold luggage as its a real pain if they are turned away at security and need to be checked in separately. There is nothing on the DOT website that says you cannot take reels and lines in your hand luggage, especially when they allow flex for chargers etc. That said you can hardly argue the point with the security guy when he knows you are on a deadline to catch the flight, there will only be one winner!
    I can vouch for this flying from New Zealand to Oz! Even if the airline let you carry it ...its the security guy that has the control. Back of the queue!!

I just put the reel inside my boots for Norway last year...and the spare spool in the rod tube (Bazuka type).
    Last edited by Wesdev; 04-03-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    Itís funny whats happening to us.
    Our lives have become digital -
    our friends, now virtual
    and everything you could ever want to know
    is just a click away.
    Experiencing the world through this endless second hand information isnít enough -
    if we want authenticity Ė WE have to initiate it.

I always take my reels as hand luggage and have yet to have a problem. Most times they don't even get looked at after the x-ray machine.
    Now that I have said that, I am bound to have trouble this year!