Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fly Fishing Norfolk Broads

Some advice please if you have 5.

Myself and 4 others are on a weeks long boating trip on the Norfolk Broads in May. We pick the boat up in Wroxham and intend to head to Great Yarmouth where others will join us for the weekend festivities! We will have a days sea fishing out of Great Yarmouth.

The Stag wants to go fishing preferably fly but I dont know the area well at all and the internets not bringing much up. One of the problems we face is that after picking the boat up we are restricted to the Broads or walking distance from boat moorings along the way.

Any help or advice appreciated from people that know the area.

Cheers

Ben
    FISH ON!!! FISH OFF!!!!

Fly fish for pike, plenty in the broads with some pushing the 40 lb mark

Couldnt agree more with earn angler....great fishing from wroxham boat yards themselves as well as the river Bure all the way through the system and into broads themselves...the boat would give you a great platform to fish from and you'd be very mobile...

Stump

Unfortunately May is the close season for coarse fishing, so pike won't be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieH View Post
    Unfortunately May is the close season for coarse fishing, so pike won't be an option.
    yeah missed that very important and simple fact okay lets find this chap another solution

Try Norfolk Broads Official Tourist Information | NorfolkBroads.com The opening paragrapth indicates outside of coarse fish ( closed season), you can find grey mullet, Seabass, and towards the sea/estuary Sea trout all will take some type of fly or so I have read, also flounder have caught plenty of them on the river earn but never on the fly...... hmmm fast sink glitzy shrimp pattern maybe
    Last edited by Earnangler; 03-02-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: found more info

No Stocked reservoirs within walking/taxi ride?
    FISH ON!!! FISH OFF!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    No Stocked reservoirs within walking/taxi ride?
    Okay I don't live in Norfolk but used to live in Lincolnshire so no direct local knowledge but try this site
    Fish & Fly - Fly fishing in Norfolk
    Blackdyke Fishery | Trout Fishing Lake | Fly Fishing Norfolk | East Anglia
    norfolkflyfishing.com

The last site maybe really useful to contact I would think
    All the best
    Earnangler
    Fishing in Norfolk
    also good map of fishery's on here
    Last edited by Earnangler; 03-02-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by Earnangler View Post
    Okay I don't live in Norfolk but used to live in Lincolnshire so no direct local knowledge but try this site
    Fish & Fly - Fly fishing in Norfolk
    Blackdyke Fishery | Trout Fishing Lake | Fly Fishing Norfolk | East Anglia
    norfolkflyfishing.com

The last site maybe really useful to contact I would think
    All the best
    Earnangler
    Fishing in Norfolk
    also good map of fishery's on here
    Many thanks!!!
    FISH ON!!! FISH OFF!!!!

The Broads offers a wonderful array of coarse fishing. I have spent many, many happy times around Wroxham. But in May......it's a balls up. I think it's the sea for you boys, but fear not!

Saltwater Fly Fishing UK | Fly Fishing UK

Default closed season

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Some advice please if you have 5.

Myself and 4 others are on a weeks long boating trip on the Norfolk Broads in May. We pick the boat up in Wroxham and intend to head to Great Yarmouth where others will join us for the weekend festivities! We will have a days sea fishing out of Great Yarmouth.

The Stag wants to go fishing preferably fly but I dont know the area well at all and the internets not bringing much up. One of the problems we face is that after picking the boat up we are restricted to the Broads or walking distance from boat moorings along the way.

Any help or advice appreciated from people that know the area.

Cheers

Ben
    For godsake if any fish out of season jump in ya boat and kill them selfs throw them back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast