Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TackleBargains

Default TackleBargains

Has anyone ever had any dealings with this tackle dealer, good bad or indifferent?

Was looking at some of their rods and in particular, the Airflo Airtec Nano...Good price, although ex display!!

Fishing Tackle - Discount Fishing Tackle, Fishing Equipment and Fishing Accessories
    Last edited by Dabbler.07; 29-08-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    "Nothing makes a fish bigger, than almost being caught"

I have bought airflo ridge running lines from them very good value for money and I have also bought other lines from them, never any problems.
    Kim

Default Tacklebargains

Have used a few times and have always found easy to deal with and prompt delivery.

they are a no no ...used them a few years back and their stuff is complete junk ....not shop soiled more like factory rejects .

Bought a reel which was not machined properly the ratchet retaining screw just fell out ,the spool was not even threaded to hold the rachet retaining screw.i emailed them ......they do not entertain phone calls and they said i must send it back using their carrier the cost was excessive ...i did not bother .i repaired it myself but i know others who have had lines not as described ,hooks that are complete junk and rods that fell to bits so i would not buy anything from this shower .

their shipping costs are heavy as well so be warned ...there stuff is trickily described expensive rubish and once you see the shipping costs ,vat on shipping and the item it is no longer a bargain .

steer well clear ,if you have ever wondered where all the junk from the fishing manufacturers ends up ....wonder no more .
    Last edited by silver surfer; 29-08-2012 at 06:48 PM.

As said excessive shipping charges which is the main reason I don't use them. The item has to be very cheap to make it worth while.

SP8

did not see the two posts which were posted as i was composing a reply ....dont want to sound in complete contrast to someone who has posted just before me ...but that was my experiance with them .

You can only speak as you find

Have always had good service from them and found there stuff to be good. Was put on to them by a friend several years ago and he also has never had a problem.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by silver surfer View Post
    they are a no no ...used them a few years back and their stuff is complete junk ....not shop soiled more like factory rejects .

...............hooks that are complete junk...................................
    Like others, I have found them ok to deal with.
    I dont know any serious salmon fishers who would buy hooks from sources such as this unless they were selling top brands.
    Cheap hooks are a false economy considering the task they have to perform.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by clydesider View Post
    Like others, I have found them ok to deal with.
    I dont know any serious salmon fishers who would buy hooks from sources such as this unless they were selling top brands.
    Cheap hooks are a false economy considering the task they have to perform.
    Mike
    so do you know of any serious anglers who have bought hooks from them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast