Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Salmon fly lines

Hi all,

Although i am not new to salmon fishing, i am new to fishing the double hander, therefore, could anyone please offer advice with regards to what type of fly line to use. At the moment i'm using a double taper, however, would a weight forward be a better line to use?

Cheers

an open question boz

you should try a spey line (weight forward) if you look at the line pool you can borrow one and try before you spend the hard earned on it.

what DH rod do you have?

Mac, its a Scierra ti 13 feet, which i've been using on the River Wear and Tees, but i'm also gonna use it on the North Tyne.

I've had a sneaky feeling for a while now that i'd be better off using a weight forward. Thanks for the advice- much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    Hi all,

Although i am not new to salmon fishing, i am new to fishing the double hander, therefore, could anyone please offer advice with regards to what type of fly line to use. At the moment i'm using a double taper, however, would a weight forward be a better line to use?

Cheers
    why not try the guideline shooting heads.they are in the line pool, fantastic lines.after using a DT for your double hander youll defo be amazed..god i can remember the DT and speycasting.BLOODY awful.
    Last edited by razzer; 03-06-2008 at 08:40 PM.

I would go with a Snowbee 1d or 2d ,particuly like the sink tip ,more an anti wake than sinktip but despite the monkey puke colour this is a super small/medium river line .
    I can only speak for the light line models,but they are mine and the boys go to lines at this time of year !
    Andy Wren (doctor to US friends)