Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lessons.

Default Lessons.

As can be seen from a good few posts on here, there are people who are looking to better their casting skills, me included for that matter.

Question is would any one be willing to hold a get together, some where to suit and have a training session on spey casting etc. I'm sure there are experts, like Springer for example who could set this up, if interested?

I would be willing to travel as long as its not Penzance and of course pay for the privilege for this lesson(s).

What do you think guys?

If there is the demand then I can put together all sorts of tuition oppourtunities from 1 day groups of 6 guys at about 40 per rod to 3 day courses covering specific techniques each day and including accomodation.

There is also the option to look at rivercraft including why we would choose certain rod/line combo's, what depth to fish at/fly speed, reading the river and different types of presentation casts. I can bring guest instructors if there is demand as I have done in the past

The possibilities are only as endless as the enthusiasm of you guys.

Guys, why not list what sort of things you would be interested in and we can see what we can put together in the summer when the fishing can be slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    If there is the demand then I can put together all sorts of tuition oppourtunities from 1 day groups of 6 guys at about 40 per rod to 3 day courses covering specific techniques each day and including accomodation.

There is also the option to look at rivercraft including why we would choose certain rod/line combo's, what depth to fish at/fly speed, reading the river and different types of presentation casts. I can bring guest instructors if there is demand as I have done in the past

The possibilities are only as endless as the enthusiasm of you guys.

Guys, why not list what sort of things you would be interested in and we can see what we can put together in the summer when the fishing can be slow.

Alan I would in particular like to learn the "proper" way to Spey cast and the rod to line relationship. In essence which line does what. I have read some posts here on shooting heads and running line and have only ever seen this set up once for the first time last back end when another fisher came down the pool. Plus what ever else is gleaned from the day out. I would like to put my name down for a day in the summer.

OK Kenny, you are down as number 1, we have 5 places left.

How about Sunday 22nd June, on the South Tyne at Lambley? This is just off the A69 20mins East of Carlisle and 20mins West of Hexham.

As I said earlier 40 per person will cover the day which will last a minimum of 8 hours. We can look at fundamental principles of modern spey casting as a group as well as well balanced tackle, rod actions v's line lengths and all of the modern spey casts.

Each pupil will get an hour of 1-2-1 tuition but will also be able to glean from my teaching of others and or practise at their leisure. I did a similar day a few years ago with Eoin Fairgrieve at this location and it was very relaxed and informal and went down very well indeed.

5 places left, who wants one?

im up for that springer. as a self taught speycaster, i have probably got as far as i can on my own and i am now probably limiting my potential. been telling myself for a wee while to get a lesson, so this seem a good oppertunity to learn and meet up with some of the guys! count me in!

Right, spoken to the boss and she will drive me up for the day. I will take a place please........will be able to manage an 8hr day and look forward to meeting the others.
    Mac

OK Guys that makes 3, half way there.

1. kingfisher
    2. mcminnow
    3. onthedangle
    4. nelsonbaz
    5. nelsonbaz
    6. Downtut Backin

That didnt take long guys well done

We will have a good day out on the river with some good crack, the chance to meet some other members and make new friends as well as brush up on some new casting skills all for only 40

If we get more demand than the 6 places I can bring in another AAPGAI instructor to help me out.

If anyone else would like to take up this offer I can eith get another Instructor or run another course the same the following Sunday the 29th or the Saturday before on the 21st

would it be ok to come if i was an absolute beginer ?

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonbaz View Post
    Come along Barry!!...........you havn't seen me cast lately and it's a great opportunity to meet up early. Not far to travel.
    Last edited by mcminnow; 20-04-2008 at 10:38 AM.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonbaz View Post
    All levels of experience welcome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast