Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    newfly Guest

Default Casting Different Action Rods

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Examples of different rod actions are many, off the top of my head good examples would be;

Fast Action - Guideline LPXe, Vision GT4 Catapult

Medium Action - Guideline Le Cie, Loop Multi

Slow Action - Scott LS2, Vision Cult, Hardy Demon

All of the above have fast/med fast recovery. Very few rods have slow recovery these days due to the advancements in carbon fiber although I can think of examples, probably best I dont mention them.
    I have taken ths from another thread

With regard to the casting stroke would it be a case of a slow cast for the slow action rod and a fast cast stroke for the fast action rods or is it not that simple.

Do the different action rods produce a different 'performance' ie casting distance as it would seem that a fast action would have more power in the line and hence will travel further.

A fast casting action for a fast rod and a slow casting action for a slow rod is about right. Although some fast rods will happily cast with a slower stroke as long as your timing is good.

Fast / Slow does not necessarily relate to power. My go to rod is a Le Cie 'fast', but if I want distance I will use my slower rod built on a CTS blank; along with a longer bellied line.

I would say that the CTS has far more power than the Le Cie, but the Le Cie is an easier rod to fish with in a variety of situations through a days fishing.

I always think that it's a bit like golf. The driver is the most powerful club (I think) but you would not want to play every shot with it.
    "... the grand excuse for loitering in peaceful places."