Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default re boat of garten

The wife and myself are looking at taking a holiday around the Boat of Garten area in the last week of june first week of july .Anyone any idea about association fishing in the area and is there a chance of a fish around that time .She is looking for a cottage for 2 or a caravan if any one knows of any thing in or around the area that is close to the river, as I will only be allowed out to play in the early hours and maybe a couple of hours late evening.The rest of the time she wants to waste touring round the countryside
    "If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they cannot have a headache and sex at the same time " Billy Connolly

get youself on the grantown water, pemits from mortimors high street grantown on spey 50 for the day,

pm me if you like for info.

scott.

Default Grantown

You would be better keeping your money, that beat is murder, I watched it nearly every day and only seen 1 or 2 fish caught. I think they are at the nonsence with the catch figures. I am a mad salmon fisherman and worked in Grantown for 15 weeks (during prime time) and never fished it once.

Quote Originally Posted by wildfowler View Post
    You would be better keeping your money, that beat is murder, I watched it nearly every day and only seen 1 or 2 fish caught. I think they are at the nonsence with the catch figures. I am a mad salmon fisherman and worked in Grantown for 15 weeks (during prime time) and never fished it once.
    There are no guarantees in fishing but that beat (Grantown-on-Spey) has good fly water. I would say the hours the original poster wants to be fishing would be good for seatrout. Best to be fishing well into the darkness (not that it stays dark for long that time of the year). The grilse start 2nd or 3rd week in July and the spring run would be over.

You are only a few minutes from the Association water at Grantown. Go for that.

nethy bridge has some decent assocation water and its cheaper and less busy than grantown assocation water

thanks for the replies guys ,keep them coming
    "If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they cannot have a headache and sex at the same time " Billy Connolly

To many ghost fish in Grantown these days. If you go to the Boat and conditions are right you could do well at the sea trout at night at that time of year.
    Kinchurdy just above the Boat prime sea trout water the chance of a spare rod are slim but if you do'nt ask you'll never know

As already mentioned this is prime sea trout time, last season was very good for sea trout with some very large fish being taken.
    I'm sure there's plenty of good sea trout beats around but one that springs to mind is Kinchurdy

Do the ghost fish come from the "first fish goes back" policy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast