Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: cafaros

Default cafaros

hi guys get the evening times big story about cafaros closing
    "Remember that those who race through life usually finish first."

So sorry to hear this. Really friendly, knowledgable guys. What a pity.

Pat gave me a preview of the story through the week. It is a shame as it pretty much gives the Glasgow Angling Centre a monopoly in that area. I hate to see proper tackle shops close, but that's just the way of things now. They've been dropping like flies since GAC started to expand. Fair play to GAC and all that are involved for establishing themselves in this way but they are hardly the cheapest and don't do much in the way of proper deals.
    "... the grand excuse for loitering in peaceful places."

I believe Pat's keeping the name, and is going to be doing a bit of trading on the internet.

Flyman

sad to hear of the closing .. but a sign of the times now . the big boys rule the market ... love it or leave it ... but its sad to see so many angling shops shut now .. i remember when the fishing shop was a place to meet and greet .. but now its all on line

Yes sad to see cafaro closing,a proper traditional fishing shop,all the best to pat.
    Last edited by rm100; 16-01-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruin View Post
    Pat gave me a preview of the story through the week. It is a shame as it pretty much gives the Glasgow Angling Centre a monopoly in that area. I hate to see proper tackle shops close, but that's just the way of things now. They've been dropping like flies since GAC started to expand. Fair play to GAC and all that are involved for establishing themselves in this way but they are hardly the cheapest and don't do much in the way of proper deals.
    If your going into the GAC to buy say a reel do your homework online and find the best price in the UK,eBay excluded, then go into the gac tell them where you have found the bargain and ask them to price match ,they have never refused me yet

swazey and i are going in to help pat to get started cleaning out and tidying the shop this week
    "Remember that those who race through life usually finish first."

Sorryn to here about that ,Cafaros was one of my favourite tackle shops .Excelent service any time ive been in and they have cool dogs
    Take a camera , No a priest!