Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Plockton

newfly Guest

Default Plockton

Does anyone know if there is anywhere near to Plockton for fly fishing, last week of April.
    Thanks in advance.

Not so sure about the quality of salmon fishing in the area nowadays, especially with the timing being in the spring. There are plenty of opportunities to explore the rocks for saltwater fly fishing; Pollack being the most likely, but decent sized sea trout and mackerel also a good possibility at that time of the year.
    There are also plenty of hill lochs that will contain trout I'm sure. Good time of the year for chasing them.
    Last edited by Fruin; 07-01-2011 at 06:06 PM.
    "... the grand excuse for loitering in peaceful places."

newfly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fruin View Post
    Not so sure about the quality of salmon fishing in the area nowadays, especially with the timing being in the spring. There are plenty of opportunities to explore the rocks for saltwater fly fishing; Pollack being the most likely, but decent sized sea trout and mackerel also a good possibility at that time of the year.
    There are also plenty of hill lochs that will contain trout I'm sure. Good time of the year for chasing them.
    I like the idea of saltwater flyfishing if anyone knows where to try it. Also keen on trout fishing if possible.

I once got really , really drunk in the Plockton Inn.

Went in in daylight , staggered out the front door in next day's daylight and narrowly escaped death by Post Bus which just so happened to be passing at that ungodly hour.

Dangerous front door that one.

The fishing ?
    Had some good pollack and a few seatrout spinning from the shore.
    No reason why the fly shouldn't do the trick.

If you don't find any fishing and like an ale or two the Plockton brewery make some great beers

Paul

newfly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by carbisdale caster View Post
    If you don't find any fishing and like an ale or two the Plockton brewery make some great beers

Paul
    Aye, there's some good beer and pubs up there so if the fishing is no good then I won't be stuck for things to do.