Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default jack charleton,salmon run

couple of episodes on sky tonight starting at 6pm on discovery shed sky 242,first one fishing the dee and next one the slaney in ireland

nice 1

The one about the tweed seen it more times than Fawlty Towers. Good series though and Jack is the real countryman.

Anyway whos this ?

"Its the chef's fault if the chef has been inflormed its clearly his responsibility"

"I DID NOT ORDER A LAMB CASSEROLE!!!

Talking Salmon run -excellent entertainment

Watched both episodes. The first contained hardly any fishing at all and little else of interest, but was leavened by Jack spectacularly losing an argument with an embittered class-warrior drift net fisher.

The second was truly priceless, featuring an interview with a couple of aristocratic Isis worshippers. Folk with money who behave like that are eccentric, the rest of us would be labelled loonies. I liked his hat.

I think the featured lady Isis-worshipper must have partied hard in the 60s.

I still struggle to find the relevence of the German flower arranging lady; maybe I just didn't "get it".

The shows has, at times, that transcendent, yet bizarre excellence one previously found only in 1950s "B" movies like "Wild Women of Wongo" and "Attack of the Crab Monsters" - a particular favourite.

I am still laughing my head off and can't wait for more of these pearls.
    Last edited by Gruinards; 05-01-2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Wait for the one on Alaska, it tickles me when big jack says about returning a big silver king salmon "Ahh it breaks my heart to watch a lovely fish swim off like that"

Just shows how times have changed, when it came out circa 91 (I think) we were just coming out of the "Kill Em All" mentality of the 70s & 80s even big Jack wanted to cosh that one over the theed.....