Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tweed fair 2011

Default tweed fair 2011

hi everyone
    does any one know the date for his years tweed fair just so i can make sure i get the time from work
    thanks
    old red shrimp
    the lovely south tyne

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red Shrimp View Post
    hi everyone
    does any one know the date for his years tweed fair just so i can make sure i get the time from work
    thanks
    old red shrimp
    Not having one this year
    EVERY CHANCE OF A FISH IF THEY ARE THEREHidden Content

It's dead in the water mate.

I'm disappointed too, having travelled from Dublin for the last two of them and having enjoyed them very much. Sadly there were not enough salmon anglers in southern Scotland and the north of England that thought likewise.

Default Kelso 2011

Plus some on here slated the recent ones.
    and Eoin reads these pages............................................. ........

in all seriousness from what you see at the CLA, plus Scone, plus Kelso UK tackle shops seem to be uncertain of booking stands at such shows,
    so if you cannot sell all the stands you lose money.

I heard it may be back on again in 2012

LG
    When your time is truly up, the Grim Reaper comes to smile at you.
    And all you can do in all reality, is to just smile right back at him...............

Default kelso 2011

thats a shame enjoyed the crack and looking around the wares on sale.when things go they often never return
    old red shrimp
    the lovely south tyne

Default Tweedfair 2011

It's a real shame as I was hoping to attend for first time. I had wanted to go for a couple of years but the dates clashed etc

Still think a Central Scotland one-day event would attract suffiicent numbers if planned carefully and well marketed with focus (i.e. two thirds) mostly on Trout and Salmon and Sea Trout bringing up the rear

wsg

I DO think it was desparately under promoted - sadly as I also thought it was really enjoyable - and the perfect spot.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Carne View Post
    I DO think it was desparately under promoted - sadly as I also thought it was really enjoyable - and the perfect spot.
    Dave
    It got 3 consecutive double page ads in T&S in the months leading up to the fair and was plugged on the forum with its own ad banner/website. It was also discussed in a number of threads. I wonder how much more could have been done?

Im sure the advertising wasnt perfect, what else would you suggest?

Default Kelso

we agree Springer.

Eoin promoted the show very well.

Loop

I don't remember the advertising so I guess it wasn't that high impact - anyway locally round here in Carlisle people didn't seem aware/interested in it - as I said I personally found it the most enjoyable and the most 'hard core' of the shows and I think it's a real pity it's gone.

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast