Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Female salmon fishers

I dont know why but I find it highly unusual to see a lady fish for salmon. Of all the angling clubs I know I can hardly think of any female members.
    On private beats of rivers I walk along I do see more ladies fishing but why so few lady members on club beats?
    Is this something others notice? I dont know why it is but female fishers would be good to see instead of what does seem a male dominated sport.

Perhaps the "ladies" have more sence. Why stand in a freezing river trying to catch fish when you can go shopping and get the fish "oven ready" Also it is hard to try and understand the mind of fish and females for us simple males.

Lady anglers have a better mind set than their male counterparts when it comes to salmon fishing, "dogged female persistence". Most lady anglers I have met and fished with simply will not give up. It is not a question of getting them to go fishing it is getting them off the river once they start.

My Little sister Fishes for salmon, and is the only person who can bring out the comepetitive angler in me .ABK has it right with the persistance part , she gets posiively over zealous, particularly when it comes to sharing a rod for the day . I've tried to suggest cross stitch on the bank but she won't have any of it .Pheremones be damned , when women get the fishng bug their succes has to be down to this determination , that and listening to ghilies and not fishing beyond ther limits.Although in the end order was restored because I believe I did land two more than her last season

AJ

i took my wife with me to the moriston last year she had fished for mackrel before but not done much salmon fishing .i asked the keeper if she could have the odd cast .he said if she wanted she could fish allday as there was no one else on the beat that day.armed with 1 fly rod and 1 spinning rod i gave her my spinning rod set with a devon showed her how to work the minnow.i went above her flicked out my fly at that i heard a splash and a scream.jammy ****** hooked and landed a 10lb springer cliced on her 2 cast on her first time spring salmon fishing .what a ribbing i got all day till my last few casts with the fly and managed to land a 9.5lb cliced fish .She still went on that hers was bigger lol

Quote Originally Posted by let them all go View Post
    I dont know why but I find it highly unusual to see a lady fish for salmon. Of all the angling clubs I know I can hardly think of any female members.
    On private beats of rivers I walk along I do see more ladies fishing but why so few lady members on club beats?
    Is this something others notice? I dont know why it is but female fishers would be good to see instead of what does seem a male dominated sport.
    Its alright seein the odd woman here or there at the fishin especially if she is nice lookin, but to be honest it would be a pain in the **** if women were to start goin to the fishin more often. The vast majority of men go fishin and the like to escape from a woman and get some peace and quiet. The vast majority of women like their men to go fishing , golfing etc so they can get on with their chores or sit in peace and gossip idley with other women.

Their is a definate time and a place for men and women to take part in a 'short' list of joint activities and although the riverbank can be a location for such activities, I really think that fishing should not be included in the list however short it may already be.

There are some jobs in life as well that woman should not be allowed to do either like being Firemen etc. There are some jobs a man shouldn't do like being a secretery or hairdresser.( It is usually gay men that carry out these jobs)

I know I might get shot down in flames if their is any womens rights folk on here or lesbians but to be perfectly fair I am only speaking for your average guy in the street that canny be roasted with the thought of some daft woman parading up and down a river bank screaming like a banshee and wavin a flea rod about. I know their will be some exceptions to the rules as always but seriously most guys go fishing to escape a woman.

It would be a total disaster if you were at the fishing and more women started appearing everywhere,you might have guys feeling the need to curtail their funny colourfull jokes or even worse if everyone was drinking after a hard days fishing, as their is nothing worse than when a woman gets really drunk and starts to shout or even worse join in men's conversations. Its not nice hearing a woman swear either.

And another thing where is a woman meant to go for a ''dot dash'' or a ''tom tit'' at the fishin ?, imagine a man goin for one at the same time and some woman has got her bare erse oot sittin there ootside. She might phone the polis and say you were stalkin her through the bushes watchin her. Not a nice predicament for your average Joe to find himself in. Especially when it goes to court and he has to explain to his own wife that he is on the sex offenders register cos some daft woman at the fishin decided to pull down her waders and curl one off .
    Or a man could simply be doing a casual ''hit or a miss'' whisteling away contemplating his next fly choice and at the moment he is shaking away the wee dribbles along comes miss penelope pitstop in her pink waders and lets out a shriek of terror as there is by her reckoning a man flashing his boaby at her and shakin it. Yes friends, you've guessed it...... Nee Naww time again and the polis wid lift you yet again for bein a sex beast.

Woman and men are different and they do other things for a reason, lets just leave it that way and leave the majority of women in the land to their chores, idle chit chat and sewing etc.

Awww naw sir, :d

Doon Rod, you crack me up

Without doubt one the funniest posts I've read on the forum in my near two years of membership

Quote Originally Posted by DOON ROD View Post
    Its alright seein the odd woman here or there at the fishin especially if she is nice lookin, but to be honest it would be a pain in the **** if women were to start goin to the fishin more often. The vast majority of men go fishin and the like to escape from a woman and get some peace and quiet. The vast majority of women like their men to go fishing , golfing etc so they can get on with their chores or sit in peace and gossip idley with other women.

Their is a definate time and a place for men and women to take part in a 'short' list of joint activities and although the riverbank can be a location for such activities, I really think that fishing should not be included in the list however short it may already be.

There are some jobs in life as well that woman should not be allowed to do either like being Firemen etc. There are some jobs a man shouldn't do like being a secretery or hairdresser.( It is usually gay men that carry out these jobs)

I know I might get shot down in flames if their is any womens rights folk on here or lesbians but to be perfectly fair I am only speaking for your average guy in the street that canny be roasted with the thought of some daft woman parading up and down a river bank screaming like a banshee and wavin a flea rod about. I know their will be some exceptions to the rules as always but seriously most guys go fishing to escape a woman.

It would be a total disaster if you were at the fishing and more women started appearing everywhere,you might have guys feeling the need to curtail their funny colourfull jokes or even worse if everyone was drinking after a hard days fishing, as their is nothing worse than when a woman gets really drunk and starts to shout or even worse join in men's conversations. Its not nice hearing a woman swear either.

And another thing where is a woman meant to go for a ''dot dash'' or a ''tom tit'' at the fishin ?, imagine a man goin for one at the same time and some woman has got her bare erse oot sittin there ootside. She might phone the polis and say you were stalkin her through the bushes watchin her. Not a nice predicament for your average Joe to find himself in. Especially when it goes to court and he has to explain to his own wife that he is on the sex offenders register cos some daft woman at the fishin decided to pull down her waders and curl one off .
    Or a man could simply be doing a casual ''hit or a miss'' whisteling away contemplating his next fly choice and at the moment he is shaking away the wee dribbles along comes miss penelope pitstop in her pink waders and lets out a shriek of terror as there is by her reckoning a man flashing his boaby at her and shakin it. Yes friends, you've guessed it...... Nee Naww time again and the polis wid lift you yet again for bein a sex beast.

Woman and men are different and they do other things for a reason, lets just leave it that way and leave the majority of women in the land to their chores, idle chit chat and sewing etc.
    What a load of absolute tosh............

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast