Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spey catches up for 2010

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2063565

Hard to believe when feedback from anglers has been generally disappoiinting

I fish the Spey regularly throughout the year although the spring fishing was very poor the grilse run and summer salmon just kept coming . Hopefully the spring run is good in 2011 and if so I wonder what the doom and gloom merchants find to moan about

Quote Originally Posted by silversalar View Post
    I fish the Spey regularly throughout the year although the spring fishing was very poor the grilse run and summer salmon just kept coming . Hopefully the spring run is good in 2011 and if so I wonder what the doom and gloom merchants find to moan about
    Most "doom and gloomers" are those who want to advocate 100% C & R salar hence success stories like the Spey catches where 100% C & R is not apparant are a bit of a problem to explain away.

I do hope that the colder winters will give rise to better egg / juvenile survival of the spring off spring and we see a wee resurgence for you and all that fish the spey. Obvuiously got a bit to go to the halcyon days but Good luck and tight lines.

I think Spey fishing figures have to taken with a pinch of salt because on certain beats anglers have to declare imaginary fish before they are able to kill one

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    I think Spey fishing figures have to taken with a pinch of salt because on certain beats anglers have to declare imaginary fish before they are able to kill one
    The beats that I fish have ghillie's on them and u can assure you each fish is verified by the ghillie maybe on the very odd occasion the ghillie isn't about but he is never far away . I'm not saying that ghost fish are being reported. But would be interested for you to name the beats that are using ghost fish?

Try Grantown-On-Spey for starters

Well done to the person for releasing such a magnificent fish. It could so easily have been eaten by now and just a fading picture in a photo album but instead it was given a chance to go on and spawn. Assuming its a female then a fish like that will produce a lot of eggs, the offspring of which will hopefully benefit Spey anglers in 5 years time
    Last edited by let them all go; 22-12-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by let them all go View Post
    Well done to the person for releasing such a magnificent fish. It could so easily have been eaten by now and just a fading picture in a photo album but instead it was given a chance to go on and spawn. Assuming its a female then a fish like that will produce a lot of eggs, the offspring of which will hopefully benefit Spey anglers in 5 years time
    Ahmen to that. It may not be a 100% c/r river, but it sounds like there is a fair amount of agreement with 81% going along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by monty View Post
    What a load of keech, majority of spey beats are all well ghillied and while there will always be one or two deluded souls making up fish for their own benefit it will be no higher than on any other river IMHO.

That Press and Journal link isn't working for me, what about other people?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast