Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Centenary Celebration - Any suggestions?

My local club (Forres Angling Association) are about to celebrate it's 100th year, next season.

We are keen to mark this milestone in some way, and I would be grateful for any suggestions as to how we might celebrate this occasion.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Beel

Default Celebration

My local club(kelso aa) had its centenary in 2009,they had a evening of food and drink,and managed to get paul young to come along as after dinner speaker,he was well recieved and the evening was a great success,

Get a local distillery to make a special edition Malt - The Forres AA 100.

Put on something practical and useful for your members that they will benefit from. Anyone can fill their faces at a dinner and get sloshed anytime.

How about a spey-o-rama over a weekend? Get some instructors and tackle companies to come and give free lessons and product demo's and trials.

It would go down well over a summer weekend when the fishing was slow, you could have a BBQ on the Saturday night.

Have a day where as many as possible fish with the tackle and attire used 100 years ago, perhaps on the day / week celebrating the anniversary no gaffs of course

On a cheekier note charge the permit prices of 100 years ago

Have a great centenary.

Remember to invite the original founding members
    Mementos could include a centenary brochure if you have the funds.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Springer View Post
    Put on something practical and useful for your members that they will benefit from. Anyone can fill their faces at a dinner and get sloshed anytime.

How about a spey-o-rama over a weekend? Get some instructors and tackle companies to come and give free lessons and product demo's and trials.

It would go down well over a summer weekend when the fishing was slow, you could have a BBQ on the Saturday night.
    That would be a good idea that is very nice water you have beel we went there last year plenty of pools and lovely water Jock i think there prices are 1920s bracket compared to the tweed and the tay
    Give it your all and that you can sleep easy tonight

Smile

Dont know what your Catch and Release policy is but if its not 100% then perhaps introduce it so in 100 years time the future members will see what conservation minded members they had in 2011. A good legacy if you ask me
    You could use the catch phrase 100 years-100%
    Last edited by let them all go; 06-12-2010 at 03:44 PM.

Agree with Springer, Talk to him and me (G.Loomis) I would be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Beel View Post
    My local club (Forres Angling Association) are about to celebrate it's 100th year, next season.

We are keen to mark this milestone in some way, and I would be grateful for any suggestions as to how we might celebrate this occasion.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Beel

Lots of great ideas from the guys...Why don't you also design a new salmon fly...a mix of the most deadly Findhorn patterns/colours over the years!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast