Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Fishtec Customer Service

I must thank the staff at Fishtec for the excellent service they provided in fulfilling my Airflo lines order so quickly. A running line received without a rear loop was replaced overnight, not bad from Wales to Scotland in less than 24 hours - well done
    Last edited by David B; 01-10-2010 at 03:09 PM. Reason: words left out

Lucky you. I'm still waiting on replacement screws for my dads balance fly reel, despite two phone calls.

Was going to start a thread about their service, but then saw this.

Recently had a nightmare day at the river which was capped by breaking my Enigma 13ft rod. This was bought in 2002, and had a guarantee, but I was sure it wouldnt be valid as I hadnt sent off any postcard etc.

Phoned fishtec and they were great. No quibbles, no dramas. They got their own courier to pick up and sent me a brand new Enigma mk3 13ft as a replacement.

The cost, a tenner for courier, from Northern Ireland to Wales, return. Sent the broken rod over on the friday morning, new rod arrived the next tuesday am.

Couldnt fault them, great service.

Now to get her christened!
    Euro 2016 - Northern Ireland 2 Ukraine 0 - I was there!Hidden Content

I usually have quite good things to say about Fishtec..but lets see how they get on with replacing my Le Cie...they've already suggested i need to contact guideline directly..which is not a good start..and something ive no intention of doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarán View Post
    I usually have quite good things to say about Fishtec..but lets see how they get on with replacing my Le Cie...they've already suggested i need to contact guideline directly..which is not a good start..and something ive no intention of doing.
    The deal with Guideline is you take the broken section back to the original retailer. If they have the rod in stock they must replace the section there and then. If not they must order a replacement. 45 quids or thereabouts.

I'd check the rod racks on the way in if I was you. If it's in stock they must replace it, display model or not.

That was the deal when you bought it.

No contacting Guideline. Absolutely not, as per their catalogues.
    Last edited by evilunclejoe; 05-10-2010 at 11:57 PM.