Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  103
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butter o mary View Post
    Might I suggestthose that have paid thousands for their weeks fishing can, probably, absorb the loss?
    Absolutely not, it's an annual treat which I (a) save up for, and (b) look forward to.

To suggest I could just kiss goodbye to £2k is laughable, and I suspect I am in the majority on this.

Oscar.

I was invoiced last thursday for 3 rods fishing a week in May in the North. Since last fridays developing situation I have tried to contact the estate by 3 differing methods to discuss what should be done going forward.......
    Until I get a reply, no invoice will be getting paid. I would have expected an email from them at the very least............bad form in my book !!!
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice ....

Of 4 full weeks I've booked, the May and June weeks are cancelled with the offer of an 80% refund or a roll over to next season. Seems fair enough to me. I'm waiting to see what happens to the July and August lets.

Thats a reasonal response IMHO
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice ....

Well, all my remaining spring dates have been rolled over until next year, so I'm happy enough with that response.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

I would be wanting a refund or fishing on another date, I think you have to understand and help accommodate but I donít know how a company can keep your money without delivering a service.

Loxie - thatís very good & commendable! I think that is the sort of example that all fishery owners should employ.

Some fisheries owners have very deep pockets & can absorb losses; others do not.

Although salmon fishing is considered historically as a rich mans sport. With declining rod figures, low catches, wages & levys to pay most fisheries barely break even unless subsidised by a generous owner. They are seeing their income for the year up in smoke.

So unsurprisingly they are asking folk to claim on insurance if at all possible.

I hope beats can look after their rods where possible. But that might note be possible for all beats.

But no need to shame them for being in a Jam.

M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iím a member of 2 clubs and the fishing Passport and if everybody asked for a refund there would be no clubs to go back too. This is away to cost us all thousands and go on for months. And thatís best case scenario. I donít want to even think about the worst. Thereís some shocking footage being leaked out of China.
    Worrying about being refunded for fishing is way down my list of concerns at the mo. Although would be higher if Iíd spent thousands and not hundreds.
    Last edited by The flying Scotsman; 26-03-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeOrchy View Post
    I was invoiced last thursday for 3 rods fishing a week in May in the North. Since last fridays developing situation I have tried to contact the estate by 3 differing methods to discuss what should be done going forward.......
    Until I get a reply, no invoice will be getting paid. I would have expected an email from them at the very least............bad form in my book !!!
    Don't you dare pay them or Shug the sniper will be heading to Lochwinnoch

Get the cash back because we are dooooooooooommmmmed

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast