Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Sakura spinning rod.

With the Hants Avon thundering through and spinning likely to be allowed for the near future I'm feeling that something a bit longer and more powerful than my 7' 7 - 40gram rod is needed.
    In my local tackle shop Saturday getting some maggots I idly asked if he had a spinning rod, 4 piece between 9 & 10 ft, expecting a negative response as the shop bristles with very light spinning outfits for drop shotting and the new light sea fishing method.
    Was offered a Sakura 9' 14-60g 4 piece. Very impressed, seems light and well made with plenty of power.
    Never heard of them but what research I've done all looks good. Quality Japanese blanks, Fuji Alconite rings etc.
    It'll be used mainly fishing the floating devon with 1-2oz leads, fixed spool or multiplier.
    Here it is.
    Sakura Bidaia Travel Spin 904XH 9ft 14-60g | eBay

Anyone got any knowledge of these rods?
    Thanks

There seems to be an influx of japanese spinning rods at the moment due to dropshotting etc becoming popular, the japanese seem to be really big on lure fishing and also produce some really good lures which are worth a look but can be abit pricey.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I question if that rod is powerful enough for early season on the Avon. Early on spinning is usually only allowed when levels are above those considered unsuitable for fly and in these higher water conditions the main technique is the paternoster devon with anything up to two ounces of lead.

Later on in the year it should be OK but for early season I personally would look for something longer and stronger.

They all seem to be losing the cork handles. Never got onto the eva ones

Iíve not heard of Sakura but Iíve got an okuma spinning rod and itís great. Iíve also got an okuma reel as well. Itís nearly an exact copy of my shimano 5500 and itís great quality. Itís called the dead ringer
    It is actually called that too

You would be better off with a decent barbel rod, 11-12ft , around 1.75-2lb TC, probably have a much better playing action, also offer a bit more reach, to keep you off the edge of the bank, not only for safety, but the fish may well be tucked up very close in, and very spooky in the clearwater!!!!!
    peter

Daiwa whisker - you just canít fault them, tried and tested Sakura spinning rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cgaines10 View Post
    Daiwa whisker - you just canít fault them, tried and tested Sakura spinning rod.

Agreed, they just get the job done. I like my guideline lpxe spin and wouldnt change it but they didnt make many and stopped doing them for some reason and only bought it as it was half price and couldnt find a 4pce whisker at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cgaines10 View Post

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Agreed, they just get the job done. I like my guideline lpxe spin and wouldnt change it but they didnt make many and stopped doing them for some reason and only bought it as it was half price and couldnt find a 4pce whisker at the time.

4pce 10ft whiskers are like hen's teeth - I spent ages trying to get one and when I did paid 2.5x what I paid for a 2pce 11ft'er

Can't fathom given the demand why Daiwa don't make an equivalent these days.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast