Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which danielsson reel?

Hi, Iíve been looking at getting a new reel and fancied a danielsson and after reading the comments on the other reel thread I think Iím away to invest. But Iím not sure which model? I will be using it for rage shooting heads on my 11í9Ē sage TCX and for rage and an integrated Barrio switch line on spare spool for my 11ft loop cross s1 and want one reel that wonít be too light or too heavy for either rod. The models Iím looking at are the L5W 8twelve and the control 7twelve. I really like the control but itís a good bit heavier and wonder if it will be to heavy for the loop?
    I will await your wisdom cheers

I use the #7/12 Control on the 12' 6" Marksman 2S and Switch though I do like my reels on the heavy side. I'm sure itll be fine on the Sage but if you feel it will be too heavy for the Loop then have a look at the F3W #7/10...great switch reel and not too expensive 👍

20190423_193641-jpg
    "If want a fish, I'll take a fish so get over it"

Can't help you here but i'm interested in this thread. One thing I would like to know (which will affect you too) is just how easy it is to swap spools on the control. I'm given to believe it's not a bankside job.
    Taking a short break from piracy

which tcx is it? A #5 or a #8. This will determine the reel.

Up to 6wt: f3w 7ten
    For the 7wt or 8wt: l5w 8twelve

I previously owned the tcx 6wt and paired it with the F3w 7ten. It was great and now use it a cross 12'2 6wt.
    I paired a l5w 6nine with a cross switch 6wt 11ft. The f3w 7ten would fit nicely too, but the l5w 8twelve is too much of a reel on this rod
    Last edited by pfeul; 18-02-2020 at 09:56 PM.

Its on their website Oz in a video with English subtitles

Quote Originally Posted by The flying Scotsman View Post
    Hi, Iíve been looking at getting a new reel and fancied a danielsson and after reading the comments on the other reel thread I think Iím away to invest. But Iím not sure which model? I will be using it for rage shooting heads on my 11í9Ē sage TCX and for rage and an integrated Barrio switch line on spare spool for my 11ft loop cross s1 and want one reel that wonít be too light or too heavy for either rod. The models Iím looking at are the L5W 8twelve and the control 7twelve. I really like the control but itís a good bit heavier and wonder if it will be to heavy for the loop?
    I will await your wisdom cheers
    I was in the middle of reading this post when a new email flashed on the screen from Danielsson advising of the new website at https://danielsson-flyreels.se/en/?m...eid=ed57af3335
    Spooky eh?
    Anyway F.W.I.W. I use the Control on my Loop Cross 12ft and the L5W on my 11ft 4in Switch. I feel the 12ft Cross is about on the edge of a balance with the Control, I also use it on my 13ftr and occasionally the 13ft 6in Zenith but that really lends itself more to the Control 8-13.
    I would go for the L5W.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyian View Post
    Can't help you here but i'm interested in this thread. One thing I would like to know (which will affect you too) is just how easy it is to swap spools on the control. I'm given to believe it's not a bankside job.
    As easy as with any other Danielsson reel.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyian View Post
    Simple job. Unscrew the nut...take off the spider as they call it and change the spool...2 min job 👍
    "If want a fish, I'll take a fish so get over it"

Quote Originally Posted by pfeul View Post
    which tcx is it? A #5 or a #8. This will determine the reel.

Up to 6wt: f3w 7ten
    For the 7wt or 8wt: l5w 8twelve

I previously owned the tcx 6wt and paired it with the F3w 7ten. It was great and now use it a cross 12'2 6wt.
    I paired a l5w 6nine with a cross switch 6wt 11ft. The f3w 7ten would fit nicely too, but the l5w 8twelve is too much of a reel on this rod
    The TCX is an #8. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by salmonaddict View Post
    Simple job. Unscrew the nut...take off the spider as they call it and change the spool...2 min job 
    Might be simple on the larger reels , but it sure as sugar isnít on my L5W 6/9
    And I have small musicianís fingers.

Incidentally , I really like the reel
    But Iím being a realist too
    Last edited by ibm59; 18-02-2020 at 10:21 PM.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast