Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have the 8119 TCX and have used it for many years. I use a nautilus Spey/ nv 10/11 reel on it which is about 8oz. This is good for me so a similar weight Danielsson should be ok. I personally wouldnít go over 9oz with a reel on this rod although we all have our preferences

A friend of mine uses the H5D 9thirteen on this rod and it weighs 8.7oz

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Might be simple on the larger reels , but it sure as sugar isnít on my L5W 6/9
    And I have small musicianís fingers.

Incidentally , I really like the reel
    But Iím being a realist too
    The #7/12 Control is pretty much the same diameter as the L5W #6/9 though has a deeper spool so less of a gap between nut and spool and same method to change. A min or 2 does it. Thicker glasses maybe Brian?!? 🤓
    "If want a fish, I'll take a fish so get over it"

I would personally use the Control, but agree some would think too heavy. F3W is too light for me. Maybe the L5w 8/12 would work well. I donít think changing spools an issue on any of them, at least it isnít for me.

Quote Originally Posted by salmonaddict View Post
    Thicker glasses maybe Brian?!? 邏
    🖕💋🙂
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

The l5w 8twelve will be spot on or the hd 9thirteen if you prefer a slightly heavier reel.
    I guess you'll use a 510 +/- 30 grains rage on the tcx. The control has a capacity close to the few 7ten and IMHO you'll have very limited backing capacity with any of both these reels when loaded with the rage

I use the L5W 8twelve on my Gaelforce switch and my Loop Cross S1 12'2" 7wt. Perfect balance and top quality reel.
    Cheers Diarmid.

Thanks for all your advice guys. Think I will go for the L5W 8/12. Is there any tax to pay on these reels coming in ? And is delivery expensive? Cheers

I would recommend the L5W #8/12 which I use on my 11' 6" Vision #8, and balances perfectly as shown below.

Attachment 42624

If you click on the top right of their web shop page and select £GBP and inc VAT, and pay that price, there's no duty or VAT payable on arrival in UK. Delivery normally takes 3-5 days.
    Last edited by MCXFisher; 19-02-2020 at 12:07 AM.

If you use their website the price will show including eventual postage.
    I am not sure how it works regarding EU / now not EU and customs.
    Before you would pay the price...but now ...maybe withdraw VAT in Sweden(automatically?) and then the custom in UK will declare UK VAT (if the parcel is stopped...).
    Great reels and great value.

Quote Originally Posted by The flying Scotsman View Post
    Thanks for all your advice guys. Think I will go for the L5W 8/12. Is there any tax to pay on these reels coming in ? And is delivery expensive? Cheers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast