Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  33
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Looking forward to fishing with a couple of rods I bought since the close season. Gaelforce Destination 13'9" 8/9 and a Hardy Demon sintrix smuggler 14'6".
    I have cast them both a good few times and have all the lines sorted so just need to get some time on the river and hopefully a fish or 2.
    Cheers Diarmid.

I am still being positive about fishing. It looks like I canít do my annual spring trip to the Dee as a bad back needs to avoid such activity. I will miss using new gear and the delights of Banchory night life as well as the fishing even if we havenít caught much the last few years. I always enjoy fishing and using new gear whatever happens.
    I will need to try one of those Gaelforce rods at some stage and the 13í9Ē 8/9 destination is on the list

I actually thinned down much of my gear over the winter but did add a 7/8 Gaelforce multi tip as well as 3 10/11 multi tip heads and a set to tips. That'll cover most of my fishing.
    I did, however retain my hard core of gear to face all the trials of the season ahead. 4 Gaelforce rods, my prize 13ft 6in Zenith and 5 Danielsson reels.
    Will I manage with such a meagre selection? The next transfer window doesn't open till summer, it'll be a bit of a testing time.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Only thing I'd like to buy is a new #6/7 cassette reel for reservoir fishing. Nothing catching my eye so far, ooen to suggestions. . .

Well as luck would have it (not) my wading boots, waders and jacket have all seen better days and with a trip to the Spey next month I will be replacing them with new and keeping the old ones for work parties etc. Certainly had my monies worth out of the old kit as it is all between 5 and 8 years old. Other than consumables I can't see any big tackle purchases this year unless something drastic happens.

Quote Originally Posted by keirstream View Post
    I actually thinned down much of my gear over the winter but did add a 7/8 Gaelforce multi tip as well as 3 10/11 multi tip heads and a set to tips. That'll cover most of my fishing.
    I did, however retain my hard core of gear to face all the trials of the season ahead. 4 Gaelforce rods, my prize 13ft 6in Zenith and 5 Danielsson reels.
    Will I manage with such a meagre selection? The next transfer window doesn't open till summer, it'll be a bit of a testing time.
    You look well equipped. Only that Zenith is excess, that one you can sell to me

As Iím sorted with the rods (only that there is still room for that Zenith in my closet) and pretty much all of the other gear, Iím thinking to add some kind of double chest back or light vest to my stuff. Atm Iím thinking between JMC Trek and Guideline Experience vest, but open for suggestions. They should be slim and let room to my underhand. The need is to for at those warm days when jacket is too much and waist waders are in use. Also couple of Rio gamechangers and couple of Guideline 4Dís are still on a list, but not necessities.
    Last edited by Zamora; 16-02-2020 at 10:39 AM.

I've probably more than I'll ever use for Salmon as far as tackle is concerned.I'd like however a class 13ft 6/14fter, an allrounder that can do the lot.Most of my fishing however is either with shorter lighter rods, or longer heavier rods. So as a consequence, I'm hesitating over what is merely a whimsical purchase.
    I spent £40 t'other week on fly tying materials, spent 3 days tying up wondrous creations for Tweed 1st 3 days of next week.However at 12ft6ins this morning, might get 1/2 a day with the 60g Tobies if lucky.
    At the moment, I don't see a big spend on stuff being at all sensible, there's not enough fish for me to justify that in all honesty!.
    Sadly, Pedro.

Thinned down my gear a lot these past few years and didnít need anything really but.... just ordered a Bob Clay Kispiox 12Ē 7/8 bamboo rod, wonít get to use it though this season as the ETA is April 2021!

To be honest I probably canít justify any of my new gear either

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    I've probably more than I'll ever use for Salmon as far as tackle is concerned.I'd like however a class 13ft 6/14fter, an allrounder that can do the lot.Most of my fishing however is either with shorter lighter rods, or longer heavier rods. So as a consequence, I'm hesitating over what is merely a whimsical purchase.
    I spent £40 t'other week on fly tying materials, spent 3 days tying up wondrous creations for Tweed 1st 3 days of next week.However at 12ft6ins this morning, might get 1/2 a day with the 60g Tobies if lucky.
    At the moment, I don't see a big spend on stuff being at all sensible, there's not enough fish for me to justify that in all honesty!.
    Sadly, Pedro.

A recent;y purchased 15ft 9 Guideline NT8 with a Vosso reel and new Guideline 4D lines. And thats it with tackle I have everything I need now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast