Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Iíve been splashing out on loads of stuff since the season ended. Iíve bought 3 custom loop cross s1ís in 11ft, 13í6Ē and 15ft. Iíve bought a loop sds line with tips for the 13í6Ē, a Barrio integrated switch line for the 11ft. A skb 9/11 overdrive reel, various rage heads, various skagits, line wallets, a Simms G3 tactical jacket, custom fit vision icon waders from diver Dave, Simms flyweight boots with supatrax studs, Abu Garcia gloves, fly boxes and a load of Kamasan b990ís tungsten beads. Also invested in a mcleans sea trout weigh net. As well as buying a load of stuff to make the equipment to build a rod as well a loop cross blank to build for my sonís birthday(Iíve just finished it and will update thread with pics this weekend)
    Oh and a wee portable out door gas heater. Even heats your soup up.
    Buying new gear is only second to actually fishing 😁. It makes the closed season more bearable. Iíve not tried any of it out yet. To say Iím itching to get out is an understatement. Although I gave my son his loop rod I built early as I just couldnít wait until his birthday and he is delighted with it and is even more desperate to get out than me now. 😂

I'm hoping that I shall not need (or succumb to the temptation) to buy any major items of new tackle this year. There are 2 reasons for this: first, last year I gave myself a retirement present in the form of the Vision XO 13' 6"; and second, this year includes a major birthday, and my wife and children seem to be planning......so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by The flying Scotsman View Post
    Iíve been splashing out on loads of stuff since the season ended. Iíve bought 3 custom loop cross s1ís in 11ft, 13í6Ē and 15ft. Iíve bought a loop sds line with tips for the 13í6Ē, a Barrio integrated switch line for the 11ft. A skb 9/11 overdrive reel, various rage heads, various skagits, line wallets, a Simms G3 tactical jacket, custom fit vision icon waders from diver Dave, Simms flyweight boots with supatrax studs, Abu Garcia gloves, fly boxes and a load of Kamasan b990ís tungsten beads. Also invested in a mcleans sea trout weigh net. As well as buying a load of stuff to make the equipment to build a rod as well a loop cross blank to build for my sonís birthday(Iíve just finished it and will update thread with pics this weekend)
    Buying new gear is only second to actually fishing ��. It makes the closed season more bearable. Iíve not tried any of it out yet. To say Iím itching to get out is an understatement. Although I gave my son his loop rod I built early as I just couldnít wait until his birthday and he is delighted with it and is even more desperate to get out than me now. ��
    I love it! That's properly extracting every ounce of fun that you possibly can. I hope you enjoy it all.

TT

Good for you! Great set of new things to try. I need to up my game

Quote Originally Posted by The flying Scotsman View Post
    Buying new gear is only second to actually fishing 😁. It makes the closed season more bearable. Iíve not tried any of it out yet. To say Iím itching to get out is an understatement. Although I gave my son his loop rod I built early as I just couldnít wait until his birthday and he is delighted with it and is even more desperate to get out than me now. 😂

I will be giving my Asquith a fair old thumping this year
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Sorry to report no new tackle, I have a huge array of stuff, a lot of which, especially lines are unused, bought on a whim, the lack of fish, over the last couple of seasons, coupled with weather extremes have somewhat dampened my, and many others enthusiasm, but the mass of awesome colour combinations in the zonker strips, recently bought have at least got the vice into action, something different to chuck around, really like the chartreuse with fluoro pink/black barred version, watch this space for results on that!!!!!
    peter

I've no intention of buying any new tackle. However I still have a bit of a wish list for some second hand stuff, but no more than half a dozen rods!

Think I will wait till salmon fishing is no more, should be some proper bargains in about 10 years New tackle for 2020

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by budge View Post
    Think I will wait till salmon fishing is no more, should be some proper bargains in about 10 years New tackle for 2020

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Iím surprised that there arenít more right now. 🙄😳
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

With the new NRW restrictions, I'll have some spare non-fly gear.
    Not sure what waters will be available on upper nithsdale either so my salmon fishing will be significantly curtailed.

On the look out for a pike rod though. Have a gap to fill.
    I think I've got this work life balance thingy right.

That is to say I spend more time in work thinking about fishing than I spend fishing and thinking about work!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast