Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Boots of the non wading type ?

Anyone got any good recomendations on hiking boots ?
    Looking for something leather, gortex lined and under 200 quid if possible.
    Been looking about online but everything you seem to look at theres a review saying theyve leaked, fell to bits or have no grip etc.
    Been looking at the usual lowa, meindl and aku but just trying to see if anyone has anything they reccomend.
    I realise that fit is first and foremost which will be the main thing but looking for ideas to try. Also realise this isnt a hiking forum but at times it seems the only place you get sound and reliable advice.
    Cheers in advance

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Meindl Bhutan.

I wear them more often than my Dovre Pros.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Have a look down Sports Direct some reasonable price boots in there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Meindl Bhutan.

I wear them more often than my Dovre Pros.
    They were the model i was looking at to be honest as im sick of boots coming away where the sole meets the upper and the full rand looks as if it may help.

Quote Originally Posted by Treecutter View Post
    Have a look down Sports Direct some reasonable price boots in there.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Got some from there a couple of years back and they were ok but fell to bits fairly quickly so were relegated to work boots and lasted ages at work.

Second vote for meindl
    I have the Douvre Extremes and the Burmas obviously try them on for fit, but I've worn them extensively and nothing touches them to be honest

I have had a pair of Loma boots from Hawkshead shop for almost 10 years now. Absolute bargain at around 70. Admittedly they don't go as far as they used to nowadays but still spot on. They have sympatex membrane and don't let a drop of water in. It's the 2nd pair I've had, last ones are still in the shed. All that's wrong with them are the Vibram soles are badly worn. Well worth a look if they still stock them.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Meindl here too. Just bought a new pair. The previous ones lasted more than ten years.

On a similar quest a few years back, looking for boots for the wife, I found Go Outdoors to be pretty good on price but rubbish for reviews.
    Amazon though were very good on the reviews. Often very different to the Go Outdoors ones.
    John Norris would probably do you a good deal on a pair of Halrikas.

Meindl.

The Army tried everything available in UK, Europe and beyond and chose Meindl. Their durability and value for money trumped the Treasury who normally insist on the cheapest. My parachuting son earns his living in Meindls and wouldn't wear anything else.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast