Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  18
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Ok, so today the quest continues. Im heading to another go outdoors at sunderland (ill hide my accent to avoid being lynched). Then if thats no use theres a cotswold outdoor at durham but thats my last choice as everything seems about 30 quid more expensive than anywhere else.
    Was meant to be searching for springers all day but the rivers rose too much through the night and now im bored Boots of the non wading type ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

My quest is over....... meindl bhutans in a half size bigger with the correct socks and fancy lacing the lady showed me fit really well. Also mentioned price match and the shop assistant did a google for me and ended up getting them reduced from £197 to £148 so even better. I only asked as i thought they may be a tenner cheaper elsewhere and not to save that much but happy with that.
    Thankyou again for all the help and advice on this thread.

Purely personal experience Rrr but Iíve had my Meindls for around 10 years and they are still going strong. Just need a good going over with dubbing now and again.

I climbed Mont Blanc with 3 mates a few years ago in mine, once finished my feet were fine (rest of me knackered tho). My mates all lost toe nails during the climb.

Mostly used for walking the dog now but like an old pair of slippers!
    If you want to be happy for a day, get drunk....if you want to be happy for life, go fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chester View Post
    Purely personal experience Rrr but Iíve had my Meindls for around 10 years and they are still going strong. Just need a good going over with dubbing now and again.

I climbed Mont Blanc with 3 mates a few years ago in mine, once finished my feet were fine (rest of me knackered tho). My mates all lost toe nails during the climb.

Mostly used for walking the dog now but like an old pair of slippers!
    Im usualy terrible for taking care of boots and just chuck them in the boot coverd in mud and forget about them but just orderd the propper cleaning gear for these and hopefully ill get them to last a few years.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345