Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foyle fishery

Default Foyle fishery

I was out today to leave tags back that I didn't use last year they told me only 3 tags is being issued for the whole season
    THE KING OF SILVERS

Quote Originally Posted by Greatwhite View Post
    I was out today to leave tags back that I didn't use last year they told me only 3 tags is being issued for the whole season
    Genuine question GW. Who polices this policy? For all the years I fished in Ireland I never met a bailliff and from what I read of IFI, nothing has changed.
    Do the Loughs Agency have their own bailliffs now? I used to fish the Finn, Mourne and Moy and have to say it was carnage at the time, each to his own with little control.
    I dare say that probably more than a few will flout these laws, or have things changed these days?
    Respect My Authorita!!

That was the rumour doing the rounds anyway GW. One tag for spring fish up to the end of June and two for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by keirstream View Post
    Genuine question GW. Who polices this policy? For all the years I fished in Ireland I never met a bailliff and from what I read of IFI, nothing has changed.
    Do the Loughs Agency have their own bailliffs now? I used to fish the Finn, Mourne and Moy and have to say it was carnage at the time, each to his own with little control.
    I dare say that probably more than a few will flout these laws, or have things changed these days?
    The Loughs Agency have always had their own bailiffs but they're spread too thin on the ground. As someone who spends an awful lot of time on the river during the season, I've seen a bailiff once a season for the past three seasons.

That is not to say they're not out and about but you're more likely to see them at parts of the river closest to a road.

Once again, the only people this will affect will be those anglers that there is no problem with anyway. It will have no effect on the mongers whatsoever.

The only hope we have is if this reduction in tags stops a few of them from taking permits out to begin with. Even then, there will still be bad blood and intimidation on many rivers
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

Check the legislation, unless it's been updated it's as you were
    Ye Cannae help bein' a wee bit grumpy, No if ye was jist born crabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Jockiescott View Post
    That was the rumour doing the rounds anyway GW. One tag for spring fish up to the end of June and two for the rest of the season.

The Loughs Agency have always had their own bailiffs but they're spread too thin on the ground. As someone who spends an awful lot of time on the river during the season, I've seen a bailiff once a season for the past three seasons.

That is not to say they're not out and about but you're more likely to see them at parts of the river closest to a road.

Once again, the only people this will affect will be those anglers that there is no problem with anyway. It will have no effect on the mongers whatsoever.

The only hope we have is if this reduction in tags stops a few of them from taking permits out to begin with. Even then, there will still be bad blood and intimidation on many rivers
    I have to say, I've met our bailiffs in places i see few anglers and at all times of the day over the years but of course some see them more often than others or and many not at all...

My own personal experience is I meet them most years on the rivers I fish and I'm not on them every day either... although I didnt see one last year.

I'm not saying it's perfect by the way and i've found response time slow at times too when I've called but on the whole I think the LA do what they can with what they have but current resources only stretch so far I guess...

But on the issue of limits it's still up to clubs to police their own members too as well.
    Ye Cannae help bein' a wee bit grumpy, No if ye was jist born crabbit

They did say it will be public shortly before March so letís see then ? I am sure they would not be telling you lies in the office I would definitely say itís on the cards 😉
    THE KING OF SILVERS

Am pretty sure it will happen give them a ring and youíll see
    THE KING OF SILVERS

I have never fished the Finn but I am reliably told that catch and release does not apply for many anglers on the Finn beyond Cloghan Lodge waters.

Quote Originally Posted by johnW View Post
    I have never fished the Finn but I am reliably told that catch and release does not apply for many anglers on the Finn beyond Cloghan Lodge waters.
    The entire Finn down to and including the Foyle River is C/R . Any fish being killed on the Finn is illegal. Poaching is very prominent on the Finn

Quote Originally Posted by johnW View Post
    Id have to disagree with that comment, I fish this river and entire location frequently, Ive never seen anyone poaching or taking fish , infact its the opposite all rods I meet , enjoy there fishing and never the mention or need to kill fish , Most if not all fish the fly great atmosphere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast