Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  33
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Trout & Salmon and Trout Fisherman to amalgamate

This will start with the March issue. Sign of the times. Neither getting enough readers? Falling number of participants?

Len

Zap Pow Zowie!!
    Dead drifted blobs under an indicator for salmon anyone ?

End of over 5 decades of monthly purchases for me 🙁
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Hardly surprising really, the march copy of T&S arrived this morning and it's actually thinner than the fishing megastore catalogue that usually accompanies it (i've said this before partially in jest but this month it really is)

I feared the worst after the huge spread on dogs in the last offering Trout & Salmon and Trout Fisherman to amalgamate

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

This is the final straw, I am cancelling my subscription after 30+ years. If I had known this was happening I would not have renewed it in December.

surely two mags for the price of one is even better, after all it was always TROUT and salmon

Quote Originally Posted by budge View Post
    I feared the worst after the huge spread on dogs in the last offering Trout & Salmon and Trout Fisherman to amalgamate

Wonder if they’ll print my complaint about my walking past it three times in W.H.Smith because of that damned dog on the cover...
    Last edited by Elibank; 04-02-2020 at 06:16 PM.
    Elibank

Quote Originally Posted by salmo76 View Post
    surely two mags for the price of one is even better, after all it was always TROUT and salmon
    Or one mag for the price of two Trout & Salmon and Trout Fisherman to amalgamate

A sign of the times, I gave up a long time ago, sad really, used to love it.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstoat View Post
    This is the final straw, I am cancelling my subscription after 30+ years. If I had known this was happening I would not have renewed it in December.
    Why cancel? Surely more content for the same money is a good idea?

Salmon fishing and some river fly fishers are real snobs and wont move on in the real world.

I thibk it should include articles on fly fishing for sea and coarse fish now as UK salmon fishing is near enough finished and seatrout not far behind.

High time some of the old farts who think fly fishing should be elitist should wake up and wonder why no young folk want to take up the sport,
    Last edited by Meldon9; 04-02-2020 at 09:13 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast