Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly tying vise

Default Fly tying vise

Hi Im looking to buy a rotating fly tying vise,without spending a fortune ,,,any suggestions welcome

Renzetti traveler are a good vice. But it depends on if you want a True Rotary or just one that rotates. Next is your budget.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I use the Anvil Apex available for 129-99. They do another vice the Anvil Atlas with more features for 179-99.

I bought a Danica Danvise from a forum member a good ten years ago. I see ones on ebay for 51+postage.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

I think a vise that rotates would be enough I think it would help when putting hair on tube flies and beards or false hackles on normal salmon flies..thanks

After a couple of false starts with cheaper vice, I was lucky enough to be gifted an Anvil Atlas at christmas.

Does it make my tying any better? No! But does it make the whole process and experience more enjoyable? It most certainly does.

I now use that for all flies tied on hooks, and the budget veiniards lever clamp vice i had previously been using has a permanently attached tube fly needle. I find this set up suits my low volume amatuer needs.

Have a look at the Scottie vice. Excellent quality, reasonable price and British made. Bought one to replace my nearly 50 year old Veniards vice wnich is now relegated to holding tube fly needle devices.

Quote Originally Posted by rapala55 View Post
    I think a vise that rotates would be enough I think it would help when putting hair on tube flies and beards or false hackles on normal salmon flies..thanks
    As Jockie says the Danica will do a good job and there are lots of other upside down ones on Ebay for 40 upwards.
    It all depends on your budget.
    Regards Gary
    Fishing for 60 years and am still trying to understand why I do it, but I love misunderstandings

Do Not!, get the Stonflo Fly Tec vice with the screw tight jaws.It just won't hold hooks tightly enough.
    Subsequent Lever vice's or the Kaimen of Transformer models are all just fine.
    Pedro.

Another vote for Danvise. Have been using one for years. Net pretty looking but perfect in function.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast