Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  230
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Tay Opening

FishTay on FB

Quote Originally Posted by MikeCC View Post
    The angler quite clearly intimates by putting his hands out he wants to hold the fish. Id then go as far in saying the gillie clearly sees him putting his hands out and deliberately pulls the fish away.....followed by his own 30 seconds of TV fame. Poor show in my book. Another fine example of social media ‘look at me’.....why not just be wheesht, give the man his fish and let him have his pic. A wee subtle reminder to the gillie whos paying his wages would be in order.
    I think it might find it difficult to open my wallet for a tip after such a performance, probably find some loose change as a measure of my discontentment !

M
    Start ankle deep with a short line, all wild fish go back

It looks from the video like the ghillie was more concerned about his piece to camera for social media than either the welfare of the fish or the feelings of the rod. All a bit undignified really.

I have not seen the video and if that is the way it happened I stand corrected ...
    For me the fight and return of the fish is fine without me having to be in the photo ...and if the angler did want a photo with the fish then I agree It is poor show from cohn. ..
    Maybe he lurks on here and would care to comment...that would be interesting! 😉😊..

I noticed the same ghillie doing the same thing in other videos, it’s nothing new

It looked more like a guideline advert than anything else, ghillie seems to be a on the guideline team too so i bet they are happy about that.
    Also i would have had to say something if that was my fish, once in a lifetime thing and i would have wanter a pic with the fish to go in a small frame etc as a reminder.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Social Media Celebrity Ghillie sponsored by tackle manufacturer in limelight shocker !!!!! Not exactly big news if you had seen previous videos. I am sure if there was any big issue or the gent was upset then he would let the management company know about it as after all Taymount is Timeshare so the rods are the owners. I am sure the gent had plenty time to say if he really wanted to hold & return the fish. It is amazing that these tackle manufacturer sponsored ghillies always seem to spend the day talking up the latest must have bit of kit from their sponsor and keep dropping the buzz words "Game changer" "Line flies out effortlessly" . Part of modern fishing now. Jeez back in the day the Ghillies used to be wearing all the coal board wellies and jackets.

Only seen the video at post 73.
    Assuming the "Ghillie" is the gent with glasses with the net, then a shame he needed 3 swipes with the net from upstream. In the strong current, maybes the more usual netting, from below (downstream) would have secured the fish with one attempt ??
    Much less chance of knocking the fish off ???
    Just a thought
    Last edited by Stockybasher; 19-01-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockybasher View Post
    Only seen the video at post 73.
    Assuming the "Ghillie" is the gent with glasses with the net, then a shame he needed 3 swipes with the net from upstream. In the strong current, maybes the more usual netting, from below (downstream) would have secured the fish with one attempt ??
    Much less chance of knocking the fish off ???
    Just a thought
    Wrong video Nick. That one is a kelt being chased all around Meiklour and landed nearly in Islamouth.
    The other one has quite obviously been pulled following the criticism levelled here and I guess maybe on social media.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast