Quote Originally Posted by david1982mk2 View Post
    Read the full thread.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Will do 👍
    "If want a fish, I'll take a fish so get over it"

Read the full thread.

Dont really see much in the way of criticism...1 or home truths maybe but mostly light hearted with some debate. Certainly nobody stating that they don't like the Tay 🤔
    "If want a fish, I'll take a fish so get over it"

Did the Findynate fish win the Redford Trophy? Not seen any footage yet.

Has anyone saw the photos of this fish yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive always said. If you don't like the tay don't fish it. Theres plenty other options out there in the spring.

I love the tay david , it's always been kind to me i just wouldn't like to come second to a ghillie, they are superb at what they do and 99% of the time have a greater knowledge of the water you are fishing but that moment you land the fish , surely belongs to the angler first and foremost if and when possible
    we pass this way but once ............

Maybe just Maybe the client was happy for the gillie to release the fish as I highly doubt a gillie of that experience as I think it was cohn would not offer his client a photo with the fish..but I could be wrong.
    I personally could not care if I was in the shot or not as long as I got a good photo of the fish..especially if it was caught harled as let's be honest it's not difficult getting handed a rod with a fish firmly attached.
    Perhaps all those shouting so loud about this need to take a look at themselves rather than the gillie...Since when did getting a " money shot" with your fish become so Important....
    Rant over.. roll on rio Gallegos in 3 days...no gillies or guides 😂😂😉
    Last edited by hairyscotsman; 18-01-2020 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyscotsman View Post
    Maybe just Maybe the client was happy for the gillie to release the fish as I highly doubt a gillie of that experience as I think it was cohn would not offer his client a photo with the fish..but I could be wrong.
    I personally could not care if I was in the shot or not as long as I got a good photo of the fish..especially if it was caught harled as let's be honest it's not difficult getting handed a rod with a fish firmly attached.
    Perhaps all those shouting so loud about this need to take a look at themselves rather than the gillie...Since when did getting a " money shot" with your fish become so Important....
    Rant over.. roll on rio Gallegos in 3 days...no gillies or guides 😂😂😉
    I personally do not bother with pictures of fish however the way salmon fishing is at the moment the "Money Shot" could be argued is all the angler is going to get as he is not going to chap it and then get it smoked then eat it. C&R IMHO has resulted in many an angler trying to take a picture of proof to show mates or family members of their fish. Years gone by and the picture would have been taken in a back garden next to the coal shed with the fish. Changed days indeed plus i cannot do this fancy hang the rod over your shoulder when getting your picture taken

Well it is to me, especially if it was a January fish, now I have seen the clips on social media , and the angler clearly makes a move, hands out in anticipation of getting a hold of the salmon,
    No while I have no doubt the ghillie does a great Job, and harking the Tay is an art form in itself I stand by my words as many others on social media have commented, let the man have his a photo with his fish, "rant over"
    Last edited by riffled hitch; 18-01-2020 at 11:28 AM.

The angler quite clearly intimates by putting his hands out he wants to hold the fish. Id then go as far in saying the gillie clearly sees him putting his hands out and deliberately pulls the fish away.....followed by his own 30 seconds of TV fame. Poor show in my book. Another fine example of social media ‘look at me’.....why not just be wheesht, give the man his fish and let him have his pic. A wee subtle reminder to the gillie whos paying his wages would be in order.
    Last edited by MikeCC; 18-01-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Any links to the video ?

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast