Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Default How much is it worth

A non fishing friend is having a clear out before moving south of the border. He has an 11' 3" B&W DH Powerlite in immaculate condition, can anyone tell me a typical sale value for this rod, thanks.
    If anyone is interested in it they should contact myself.

Thanks, M
    Start ankle deep with a short line, all wild fish go back

If thatís the ĎSalmon / Sea Troutí DT 7-9, then itís a peach of a rod and very versatile IMHO. I picked up mine on eBay for £200 a few years ago, it looks indistinguishable from one in the family that was bought at Grahamís in the early 2000s.

It will handle #8 WF for overhead, Shooting heads to 30g for DH work and a #9DT.
    Last edited by Grassy_Knollington; 13-01-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Knollington View Post
    If thatís the ĎSalmon / Sea Troutí DT 7-9, then itís a peach of a rod and very versatile IMHO. I picked up mine on eBay for £200 a few years ago, it looks indistinguishable from one in the family that was bought at Grahamís in the early 2000s.

It will handle #8 WF for overhead, Shooting heads to 30g for DH work and a #9DT.
    Yes it is the s/st version 7-9. I believe they are highly rated by some. I have enough rods already and I don't need another otherwise I would be tempted.

M

Check the length - should be on the rod just above the handle.* I think the 11ft3in is the century #4-6 while the Grilse/seatrout is 10ft 6in , rated 7-9 but capable of more.* I used a Spey 9/10 line 18 months ago to land a 12lb sea trout in high winds and complete dark.

Both are superb rods and are occasionally on ebay for £150 -200.* Snap either or both up if you get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardt3227 View Post
    Check the length - should be on the rod just above the handle.* I think the 11ft3in is the century #4-6 while the Grilse/seatrout is 10ft 6in , rated 7-9 but capable of more.* I used a Spey 9/10 line 18 months ago to land a 12lb sea trout in high winds and complete dark.

Both are superb rods and are occasionally on ebay for £150 -200.* Snap either or both up if you get the chance.
    Thanks for that , I have someone interested.

M