Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aesthetics

I am not too bothered about the colour of a rod. I have an LTS explosive in yellow and itís a lovely rod and I donít mind the colour at all. I also have several Sage TCX switch rods which are very green which again I donít mind as they are brilliant rods. That said I do have some nice black sage rods and also a sage igniter which is a dark maroon and looks very classy.

What a bizarre and pointless thread this is🎣

Quote Originally Posted by scoops View Post
    Iíve a marksman 2T in the traditional green, then the Jet has a modern silver blank, think both look good, but more importantly they cast well
    I have a 14' and 15' Marksman 2T, nice looking rods.

The plainer the better for me too. I'm really not that bothered by the aesthetics of a rod, provided it's not too flashy - when I'm on the river I prefer to blend into the scenery, not stand out from it. So grey, brown, green, and even blue are all OK, provided they're dark shades. Black is obviously fine as well. I don't need a flashy reel seat made from some exotic wood from a tropical rain forest either; a Fuji fitting (as used on B&W Norways, for example) holds the reel at least as securely as anything else, and that's all I ask. So far as I'm concerned, a fishing rod is a tool to do a job, not a status symbol or a piece of male jewellery.

LTS yellow - garish, but the rod works so no problem.

The colour reminds me of my first decent float fishing rod bought in 1970 - a Modern Arms Zephreyne.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieH View Post
    The plainer the better for me too. I'm really not that bothered by the aesthetics of a rod, provided it's not too flashy - when I'm on the river I prefer to blend into the scenery, not stand out from it. So grey, brown, green, and even blue are all OK, provided they're dark shades. Black is obviously fine as well. I don't need a flashy reel seat made from some exotic wood from a tropical rain forest either; a Fuji fitting (as used on B&W Norways, for example) holds the reel at least as securely as anything else, and that's all I ask. So far as I'm concerned, a fishing rod is a tool to do a job, not a status symbol or a piece of male jewellery.
    That's the crux of it.

Mind the tackle trade won't thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcy View Post
    What a bizarre and pointless thread this is🎣
    So you felt the need for a pointless reply to this thread 😂

I always thought camo would be the best colour for everything. Camo rods, reels, coats, waders, hats, face paint, the lot. Walking around in block colours is not the best really if you want to catch more fish. I thought the best colour for a rod was camo bottom half, white top half as, if we all do our job well, the fish should only see part of the top half of the rod above any skyline.

But camo looks really **** so I guess we all favour aesthetics above function. Is it a fashion thing? I never see fly fishermen wearing serious camo gear yet it seems like the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye View Post
    I always thought camo would be the best colour for everything. Camo rods, reels, coats, waders, hats, face paint, the lot. Walking around in block colours is not the best really if you want to catch more fish. I thought the best colour for a rod was camo bottom half, white top half as, if we all do our job well, the fish should only see part of the top half of the rod above any skyline.

But camo looks really **** so I guess we all favour aesthetics above function. Is it a fashion thing? I never see fly fishermen wearing serious camo gear yet it seems like the right thing to do.
    I think you may be thinking of carp anglers, everything camo even down to shoes, then launch a lead 150 yards and wait for a beep. Aesthetics

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I prefer if the Rod has a Matt blank & the whippings varnish is not overly shiny however tackle manufacturers tend to add the bling to rods.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast