Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBee View Post
    15ft of T-18 is hard enough to cast, 20/20 must be a real ***** on your timing. Lol.

Using those super heavy long tips certainly screws up my casting for a day or two afterwards.
    It takes a day or so to dial into it and a good week after to get rid of the muscle memory, coming back after a week of hauling dredging gear to the height of the grilse run and trying to recalibrate for the 12íer and the switch rod... slap, sweep, swing, splash, swear....😂😂

3 nail knots from 12lb amnesia (stronger than stated bs with some stretch) worked an absolute treat. Couldnít bust them open. Cheers all for the advice, much appreciated. As an aside, I found threading the tag end on a needle before passing back through all the turns was a darn sight easier and neater than playing with straws or whatever as seen on some of the knot sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Petekd View Post
    3 nail knots from 12lb amnesia (stronger than stated bs with some stretch) worked an absolute treat. Couldnít bust them open. Cheers all for the advice, much appreciated. As an aside, I found threading the tag end on a needle before passing back through all the turns was a darn sight easier and neater than playing with straws or whatever as seen on some of the knot sites.
    Plastic tooth picks work a treat. Could I have 20ft of T20 when your at it.Looping level T material.Looping level T material.Looping level T material.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by simoncassidy View Post
    Plastic tooth picks work a treat. Could I have 20ft of T20 when your at it.Looping level T material.Looping level T material.Looping level T material.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Thatíll cost you a bottom bunk slot and a bottle of Mariestad 😂

A bodkin, or any other large blunt needle, is ideal.
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123