Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Walkerburn, innerleither, peebles, places for food and drinks

Just booked a weekend around walkerburn for a weekend for the wifes 40th in summer (she liked the pics of theplace on air bnb).
    Has anyone got any reccomendations for good food or drinks in the local area ? A nice pub that caters to both would be perfect as fine dinings not really our sort of thing.
    Also rekon itl be more than my lifes worth to take the rods so even though we are yards from the tweed there will be no fishing for me Walkerburn, innerleither, peebles, places for food and drinks

Thanks in advance.
    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rrrr; 10-01-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Stayed at the Traquire Arms a few years back when fishing Holylea - breakfast not that good but evening meals ok. Quite a busy pub with friendly staff and it was dog friendly.
    Certainly a lovely part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by tenet View Post
    Stayed at the Traquire Arms a few years back when fishing Holylea - breakfast not that good but evening meals ok. Quite a busy pub with friendly staff and it was dog friendly.
    Certainly a lovely part of the world.
    Cheers, i was looking at their website earlier and the menu looks like the sort of thing she likes.
    Its not an area ive been to but have passed through when heading north, i just listed a few places available and she picked one there as she liked the look of it.

Don't worry about the rod's Rrrr just drop me a pm when your in the area and I'll bring you one and any other gear that's needed 👍🏻 🎣

I can highly recommend the Tontine hotel, in Peebles High St. for a nice meal at reasonable prices. You can eat in the main dining room or the more relaxed bistro area.
    It may be nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    Don't worry about the rod's Rrrr just drop me a pm when your in the area and I'll bring you one and any other gear that's needed Walkerburn, innerleither, peebles, places for food and drinks Walkerburn, innerleither, peebles, places for food and drinks
    She would have my head on a spike if i dared to go fishing on her birthday weekend away Walkerburn, innerleither, peebles, places for food and drinks

If you like Indian food there is a very good restaurant called Saffron in Innerleithen.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    If you like Indian food there is a very good restaurant called Saffron in Innerleithen.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    I was just about to post the same. One of the nicest Indian meals I've had, eaten there a few times. You are advised to book as it's only small. The Corner House also in Innnerleithen has an interesting fusion menu. It does B&B but maybe a bit basic to what you want although certainly good enough for a group of fisherman. Last time I ate at the Traquair I was underwhelmed and both the aforementioned places are far better imo

SP8

Quote Originally Posted by SP8 View Post
    I was just about to post the same. One of the nicest Indian meals I've had, eaten there a few times. You are advised to book as it's only small. The Corner House also in Innnerleithen has an interesting fusion menu. It does B&B but maybe a bit basic to what you want although certainly good enough for a group of fisherman. Last time I ate at the Traquair I was underwhelmed and both the aforementioned places are far better imo

SP8
    Yes, the Corner House is good (though havenít been for a long time).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    She would have my head on a spike if i dared to go fishing on her birthday weekend away Walkerburn, innerleither, peebles, places for food and drinks

A friend of mine took his wife away to Madeira for her birthday. He managed a 250lb blue marlin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast