Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Extension Tubing

Looking for some assistance Gents.
    Where might I get the extension tubing featured in the picture. It's not the coil of yellow stuff, that's all i've been able to find of late and t's too thin walled. It was bought from AA ( Silicone Tubing) The other samples are thicker walled and Opaque and grip the hook better. I got it many years ago and now have none left.
    Attached Images Attached Images img_9167-jpg 
    Bill Cook

I'm sure I have some extension tubing that I got with bottle tubes from Flymakers but may not be the softer stuff - am offshore the noo so canna confirm. I also have softer thick walled stuff but canna for the life of me remember where I got it from. Veniards possibly?

Veniards Silicone Rubber Tubing | Angus Angling

I know what you mean, some of the tubing is just too limp and slides off both the tube and hooks. I've a bit of thicker stuff left and I think I got it from Sean Stanton when ordering tubes a while back.
    Ye Cannae help bein' a wee bit grumpy, No if ye was jist born crabbit

Thanks gents. Was in Angus Angling a couple o weeks ago Rossco, it's just got the same thin walled Silicone availible elsewhere.
    Bill Cook

PM sent.

Andy

Try clear thin diameter heat shrink.
    You can even extend it up the body to make the body stronger.
    It never slips either.
    Use another inserted undressed tube to keep the extension open.
    I use hilltop products to get my heat shrink online.
    Heat Shrink Tubing

Have you tried Doug at Flymakers? He's generally the guy for tubing inc silicone extension. Impenetrable accent to most but you'll do better

The finest quality fly tying materials, hooks & tools and Fishing Flie – FLYMAKERS
    Avast ye scurvey dogs

Default swing tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by allysshrimp View Post
    Thanks gents. Was in Angus Angling a couple o weeks ago Rossco, it's just got the same thin walled Silicone availible elsewhere.
    Have you tried the “swing tubes “Bill,? i got the idea off the forum a few years ago and never went back to tubing.I only use single hooks ,so can’t speak for doubles or trebles,but i very rarely loose a fish with this set up.

Any tubing I need I always go to Flymakers Aberdeen. There advice and materials plus first class service is the best.
    Bob.

I don't know what type of store / shops you have there where you live but will tall you how I dealt with this problem.

There is a business in the city called Alaska Rubber & Supply...….

Not the title you would expect to find what we are talking about here but it turns out that these type supply houses are where you find all sort or rubber and vinyl tubing among other things.

What I buy is flexible but stiff enough to work splendidly. It is clear with 1/8" outside diameter and sold by the foot or yard. I buy a years supply for $3.00 USD.

What I'm suggesting if clear tubing will work is to seek out a supply house that has all sort of tubing and perhaps find what you need and at a bargain as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast