Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  39
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default What new gear do you want for 2020?

Well crimbo wasn't good to me at all, so anything new, I'm going to have to go get for myself!.
    One thing I do want and would even say need, is a good retaining band for holding my sunglass's safe.I'm not good with glare at all and being a Migraine sufferer good sunglass's are a must for me, often even in low light situations.Many years back I spent serious Wonga on a class pair of sun giggs with a yellow lens and serious polarising capabilities.I'd be gutted to ever loose them(come close once or twice!) as they really do give you a "flipping 'ell" moment when you put them on and look at the water!.
    So something as simple as a retainer band!.Would like a soft fit neoprene one, big enough to go over my cap n lug 'oles, secure to keep my glass's safe oh and cheap too(well I am a Tyke after all!).I've had loads of the "headmaster type", where the glass's are held by a loop at the end of a Nylon cord, but well they're just one step up from useless!.My current neoprene one is worn out!, but so far can I find another(that I won't have to re- mortgage the house for?), er not yet any way.
    Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie View Post
    Well crimbo wasn't good to me at all, so anything new, I'm going to have to go get for myself!.
    One thing I do want and would even say need, is a good retaining band for holding my sunglass's safe.I'm not good with glare at all and being a Migraine sufferer good sunglass's are a must for me, often even in low light situations.Many years back I spent serious Wonga on a class pair of sun giggs with a yellow lens and serious polarising capabilities.I'd be gutted to ever loose them(come close once or twice!) as they really do give you a "flipping 'ell" moment when you put them on and look at the water!.
    So something as simple as a retainer band!.Would like a soft fit neoprene one, big enough to go over my cap n lug 'oles, secure to keep my glass's safe oh and cheap too(well I am a Tyke after all!).I've had loads of the "headmaster type", where the glass's are held by a loop at the end of a Nylon cord, but well they're just one step up from useless!.My current neoprene one is worn out!, but so far can I find another(that I won't have to re- mortgage the house for?), er not yet any way.
    Pedro.
    This one works for me, you can pull the toggle thingy up abit if you put the glasses on your hat so it keeps them tight.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Used similar to this for years when sailing, comfy and they keep your glasses firmly stuck to you head.
    The price point should appeal to your 'Tyke-ness'!
    Neoprene Glasses Sunglasses Anti Slip Band Retaining Strap Neck Cord Sports | eBay
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Pretty much got all I need for the new season, including a new rod and line What new gear do you want for 2020?
    I bought a switch rod last year along with a lightweight reel and a rather expensive rio line that was supposed to be "spot on". It turned out the line was way too heavy for the rod when I came to try it out.
    I have only just got round to sorting the problem, but I came up with the perfect solution. New lighter Barrio switch line to suit the rod, and a new twelve foot rod to suit the rio line! I even managed to convince the Mrs it was the only way out What new gear do you want for 2020? Just need a couple of hours ont ribble to try them out now.
    Still haven't sorted the tubefly storage out though What new gear do you want for 2020?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sorry to gloat Rennie but I got:

- The collapsible Snowbee wading stick - Thanks to MCX for the idea.
    - The Guideline Compact multi tip line from Mrs Knollington.
    - C&F Tubefly box - Again thanks to MCX, this time his Christmas list.

Then I stopped at Grahams and JN and bought another eight seasons worth of hooks.

What Id like now is a chest pack. I just want something I can wear that keeps my stuff out of the water when deep wading. Tried a few at JN and I think the Snowbee lightweight one looks like best VFM for me. Iíll save that until the next trip up north.

To be honest I'm pretty happy with the 3 set ups that I have for salmon so no need to change anything, I'm pretty much good to go 🎣 , I am looking for a new reel for the trout so that and a few bit's and bob's to get and I'm ready for that also

To be honest I don't really need anything, like every other Xmas though I alway's get my own Pressie. This years gift to myself was a Danielsson L5W 6/9, that and some lines. The previous 2 years were reels as well.
    Bill Cook

Nothing much really as im happy with mysetups at the moment. Got a mcleans weigh net from ebay just because it was going cheap even though i dont really need it. Bid on a 15ft bruce and walker powerlite on ebay and was outbid at the last second on it, same again, i dont need one but it was going cheap and would have got some use on the tyne but not as if i needed it as i use my 13 footer with no issues and havent user a 15 in years.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Only a few salmon to put at the end of my equipment
    <*[[[[[><

Looking for a reel for my loop cross 12í i have the classic 7/9 but canít get on with it at all ,i was thinking of the daniellson control 7twelve would it be suitable for this rod or has anyone any suggestions .
    Never do to others what you would not like them to do to you. ( Confucius)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast