Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Salmon farming reports 2019

screen-shot-2019-12-13-16-20-02-png

Over 5.2 million fish have died so far this year on these disgraceful Scottish feedlots and two months of reporting left.Can you imagine any other industry getting away with this.
    Last edited by innes; 13-12-2019 at 05:38 PM.

disgusting innes,it wouldnt happen in any other aquaculture,agriculture industry,everything points to governments turning a blind eye because of the revenue it brings in.

Absolutely disgraceful, and will the SNP do anything about it? Not a fe cking chance
    Last edited by Lamson v10; 13-12-2019 at 08:41 PM.

I cant understand why any stupid **** is still eating that shyte
    I'm now seeing it reduced on a regular basis in the supermarkets
    hopefully a sign of people starting to realise , but I bet the foreign market dont give a toss as it's not their waters and environment its destroying
    we pass this way but once ............

I was going to write absolutely shocking Innes but if honest i am anything but. There are many diabolical issues surrounding this industry which relate to the wild salmon which have been covered on this forum countless times but 1 point that i have never seen anybody bring up is how much wild fish have been caught and turned into pellets to feed these fish which have in the end died before making it to some poor uneducated persons sorry dinner plate ? That is a disgrace that we are now allowing wild fish to be slaughtered for nothing , absolutely no benefit to society and not what i would call sustainable food production ? Never mind as the SNP are forging ahead with even more farms and even more deaths forecast.

Notice in todays paper that a lot of chiefs are showing recipes for salmon especially smoked salmon. Seams the message is not getting through to every one.
    Bob.

Mowi only pay 128 million tax globally. Assume 50% paid in UK and assume 20% paid to Scottish block grant . Scotland benefits by circa 13 million.
    Not a great incentive to compensate for the ecological disaster
    Morphfly

Quote Originally Posted by morphfly View Post
    Mowi only pay 128 million tax globally. Assume 50% paid in UK and assume 20% paid to Scottish block grant . Scotland benefits by circa 13 million.
    Not a great incentive to compensate for the ecological disaster
    Morphfly
    I can't imagine they pay as much as half their tax in the UK. Any half decent tax adviser could change that of it was the case.

Mowi operate in Norway,Chile, Canada,Ireland, Tasmania to name but a few.

Is the wealth created by making salmon... - Inside Scottish Salmon Feedlots | Facebook
    Last edited by innes; 14-12-2019 at 07:04 PM.

Archie if you go to Inside Scottish Salmon Feedlots on Facebook you'll get plenty info on the wild fish issue. None of the companies challenge the figure of around 5kgs of wild bait fish and West Africa is the main source at present.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast