Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Strong trebles......

What do you guys use for small tube trebles...about sizes 10-14.... I tried a few types this season and most were too easy to open up to be honest. I'd hate to lose a fish due to hook failure....

Quote Originally Posted by ashley View Post
    What do you guys use for small tube trebles...about sizes 10-14.... I tried a few types this season and most were too easy to open up to be honest. I'd hate to lose a fish due to hook failure....
    Guideline or ken sawada

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Second the Guidelines. Great hook

Third that Guideline extra strong great hook

Another for guidlines , have found owner trebles expensive and weak, lost two big fish due to them straightening now.

Kamasan b990s for me, simple, cheap and sharp. If using tube doubles i prefer owners or partridge with the wider gape.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Partridge X1 (the original ones, not the newer version) are absolutely fantastic. If you cannot find the original ones then Kamasan B990 are really decent and dead cheap.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

I use Kamasan B990 or owner stingers for sea trout and they're ideal, bed in nice and are solid!

I love the B990's. I've landed hundreds of salmon on them and never been let down. My only criticism is I would like them to make 16, 18 and 20's. I tend to use 12's and 14's for pretty much everything only going to a 10 in extremis. I had a 17lb sea liced springer on a 14 this year, no sweat. (Or very little!)

Ahrex or ken sawadas, hard to beat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast