Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  38
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classifieds

Glyn I will take your reel for my pal if its not away as the admins are still blocking me for some reason and I cant send a pm even without being in classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by SALMON RUSHDIE View Post
    Glyn I will take your reel for my pal if its not away as the admins are still blocking me for some reason and I cant send a pm even without being in classifieds
    Ok pal, mail me at glynphil@hotmail.com

I'll post here rather than a PM so that everyone knows someone responded to this matter.

I have looked up your account info SALMON RUSHDIE, and there are no administrative locks, blocks, or holds that been applied to the privileges'.

If there were any blocks the box would be checked off for 'No PM' and you are clear so I have no clue.

I'm going to send you a PM and when you receive it first reply on the message and then try sending me a new message.

Ard

PM sent so if you don't get it post here and I'll revisit the account controls and try to sort you out.

seems to be pk now thanks hardyreels

Previous opinions are well documented, but it was widely predicted the "new rules" would throttle the classifieds and sure enough it has.

Allowing a few open / helpful questions has been sacrificed mainly because "we" are afraid of the odd neersayer appearing on the thread to downgrade the sale.

Basically if it's a genuine sale with a price that stands up to market scrutiny, that shouldn't be a real problem........

Shouldn't we take the view that our majority are on here to be helpful and take a positive part in our tiny reducing community?

Lose the paranoia, branch out, be brave !
    Last edited by noeyedeer; 05-12-2019 at 03:05 PM.

If its not a knackerd crock of ***** being sold for too much money then the negative comments should be minimal. 99% of what i see in classifieds is great gear for a really good price.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

guest2938 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by noeyedeer View Post
    Previous opinions are well documented, but it was widely predicted the "new rules" would throttle the classifieds and sure enough it has.

Allowing a few open / helpful questions has been sacrificed mainly because "we" are afraid of the odd neersayer appearing on the thread to downgrade the sale.

Basically if it's a genuine sale with a price that stand up to market scrutiny, that shouldn't be a real problem........

Shouldn't take the view that our majority are on here to be helpful and take a positive part in our tiny reducing community?

Lose the paranoia, branch out, be brave !
    I fell foul of a poster scuppering my sale once.

It`s fud`s like these that have "effed" the classified sales, no one else.

DCH

In considering the forum classifieds, it helps not to get so blummin' anxious about it when you consider:

- The small audience (though admittedly highly targeted)
    - The opportunity to also post on the "other" fora around here......eg FFF
    - Advertising on the many public platforms, some of which are efficient and free (FB marketplace, Schpock, Gumtree etc etc)

Summary: if the aim is to pass off old tatt at an inflated price, there's plenty of innocent punters around on the other platforms to avoid an upset on here.

Quote Originally Posted by noeyedeer View Post
    In considering the forum classifieds, it helps not to get so blummin' anxious about it when you consider:

- The small audience (though admittedly highly targeted)
    - The opportunity to also post on the "other" fora around here......eg FFF
    - Advertising on the many public platforms, some of which are efficient and free (FB marketplace, Schpock, Gumtree etc etc)

Summary: if the aim is to pass off old tatt at an inflated price, there's plenty of innocent punters around on the other platforms to avoid an upset on here.
    Old tat at an inflated price..... you must have seen the batterd hardy maquis' kicking about on ebay too Classifieds

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The issue has been addressed, as for rules.......... The changes were made before I had taken on some moderating duties here and I don't know what brought them about.

If anyone experiences PM problems don't hesitate to reach out to me direct at ard@fishandfly.com

Going to close this thread now have a good day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12