Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Guideline NT8 vs Guideline LXI 6 piece

Does anyone have any experience of the 13ft 9in 9/10 versions of these rods?

Do they perform better with a 9 or a 10 weight and is the NT8 worth the extra money?

Default Nt8 139 9/10

I have never cast the LXI,but i do have a couple of NT8 ,super rods.I got these rods for trips abroad initially,tried them out with heavy tips and they did the job great.I never really gave the rods much thought,they did the job i wanted them for and that was it,or so i thought.A friend of mine ask me if he could give the 139 9/10 a go,so we met on the river with a few lines,i had only a few nextcast lines which actually proved to heavy,he brought a Rio scandi 580gr so we put that on,changed my outlook on the rods totally.They give you the feeling that they are stiff with no soul,no,they are just different than most rods.Anyway enough of the waffle,here are some of the lines i fish with ,rsvt 9,nextcast sf45 8/9 or 9/10 in different densities ,570gr F.I.S.T, 580gr rio scandi 38.Go down on line weights before going up would be my choice ,super rods and worth the money,compared to some .Cheers John.

I have both & much prefer the NT8. Definitely worth the extra for me. Heads around 37g work very well for me on both but I've met people who prefer heavier heads for the NT8 9/10.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberwellie View Post
    Does anyone have any experience of the 13ft 9in 9/10 versions of these rods?

Do they perform better with a 9 or a 10 weight and is the NT8 worth the extra money?
    They are both good rods my experience was the Tpac loaded deeper, they both have fast actions, I felt the Tpac was the more versatile rod as it was slightly more progressive action and not as fast, i wouod save the money and go for the tpac after the old le cie mf 3 piece it's my favourite guideline rod.

Neither rods will be found lacking with shooting heads , but I found the Tpac more of an all rounder, certainly I saw no real world fishing advantage of the nt8 over the Tpac

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by rotenone; 03-12-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Personally I found the 4 piece LXI to be exceptional. The 6 piece did absolutely nothing for me and it felt a bit lame. I have an NT8 but it is 14ft 9" and the 4 piece model. I have cast the 13ft 9" 6piece rod but only very briefly on a PAAS open day when a member brought one out for some assistance. The chap was absolutely delighted with it.
    Last edited by Perrypokemon; 01-12-2019 at 08:09 PM.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Nt8s are the only rods I want to fish with

I took the plunge on an NT8. Any reel and line suggestions that will provide a nice balance?

Quote Originally Posted by rubberwellie View Post
    I took the plunge on an NT8. Any reel and line suggestions that will provide a nice balance?
    Danielsson control 8/13, balances it perfectly and there isn't a better reel out there IMO.

I have the 13ft 9 LXi 6 piece 9/10# Tpac which I bought as a travel rod for trips where there is restrictions on luggage. I have a Danielsson Control 8/13 for this rod and I am very happy with the rod as good all rounder. I have cast Scandi, Skagit and Full Spey lines with T tips, and fast sinking versaleaders and tips. I also have the 4 piece LXI 14ft 9 10/11 and dont like this rod as much as its stiffer and very powerful but good in big water and larger rivers. Not a rod I like to use all day.

Quote Originally Posted by bassfly View Post
    I have the 13ft 9 LXi 6 piece 9/10# Tpac which I bought as a travel rod for trips where there is restrictions on luggage. I have a Danielsson Control 8/13 for this rod and I am very happy with the rod as good all rounder. I have cast Scandi, Skagit and Full Spey lines with T tips, and fast sinking versaleaders and tips. I also have the 4 piece LXI 14ft 9 10/11 and dont like this rod as much as its stiffer and very powerful but good in big water and larger rivers. Not a rod I like to use all day.

4pc 14ft 9 NT8 absolutely blows the 14ft 9 LXI away. It is a lot lighter, a million times more responsive and all round just better to fish with. Absolutely at its best with shooting heads and comfortable enough with full Spey lines though not really ideal. I wouldn't be in a hurry to chuck and duck a Skagit with it as it is not what it appears to be designed to do and I do have rods designed for that purpose.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast