Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  139
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

OSF , indeed you and G/sander are correct...evidence and a consideration for the unforeseen consequences of meddling. They would be a good and rigorous point from which to have begun. An island, perhaps Mull or Islay, might have been a good choice. A 20 year programme for a fair results based test. It is not that long a time to wait, given that the rodent in question has been extinct here for 400 years.
    On the bright side the little beavers , or mittens, will be a useful addition to the diet of the Erne, Eagle owl and Lynx and their parents to the Wolf and Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee-Eck View Post
    I have to say that I have found similar replies recently. I posted what I thought was a humorous letter on Extinction Rebellion on the climate change thread and got a very personal reply accusing me of child abuse.
    It surprised me to read your comment on my reply in a thread about beavers. But of course you couldn't have made the same remarks quoting my post on the thread in question, because you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. What you thought to be a humorous letter wasn't humorous to me, I reacted, laid bare the vile machinations behind such a letter of "advise" and the consequences to youngsters being confronted with orchestrated stigmatisation. I know this is all "in jest" and hypothetical but I also know people are stupid and self-centred enough to use such ridiculous arguments in practise. I discussed the content of the letter, never got personal with you and certainly didn't accuse you of child abuse. Correct me if I'm wrong. And apologies to the contributors for hijacking this interesting thread.
    firefly

guest2938 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by westie4566 View Post
    Thanks for the kind offer of a rifle to 'do away with myself', greenlander2009!

I fear you may be a bit down the list of benefactors in this respect....I'm sure DonCurlyHorny, Scotsmac and a few others must be jumping a jig at the prospect of me topping myself. Perhaps you'd all just prefer Hari Kiri?
    I am going to respond to this. Absolutely no need for you to make mention of me here. Lets be clear, for as much as a manipulative and vindictive whanker as i think you are, i did not agree with the post by greenlaner as it absolutely overstepped the mark, I subsequently liked Grassy Knollingtons response in your support. Also heartfelt sympathies to anyone`s family suffering ill health.

DCH

Quote Originally Posted by DonCurlyHorny View Post
    I am going to respond to this. Absolutely no need for you to make mention of me here. Lets be clear, for as much as a manipulative and vindictive whanker as i think you are, i did not agree with the post by greenlaner as it absolutely overstepped the mark, I subsequently liked Grassy Knollingtons response in your support. Also heartfelt sympathies to anyone`s family suffering ill health.

DCH

I will say one thing for you - you are at least true to type. Just your usual made up accusations and name calling. I assume you know that just because you say something about me it doesn't actually make it true?

Every time you do this, the only person it affects is you.

So, call me all the names you wish, make up your false sympathy. It may wash with some on here but not all. The only person you're really fooling is yourself.

What's the old adage again? 'If you can't take it, don't hand it out'. I suggest you bear that in mind the next time you think it will be a bit of 'fun' to post some nasty, snide remark regarding me on here. I've glossed over many these past few years, under your current and previous identities. I won't be doing that anymore.

Edited to say. sorry for taking this thread off course!

Back to the beavers. I've seen first hand the damage done to my mates stretch of the Isla. Deforestation wouldn't be an understatement. Also the bank erosion caused by the burrows. The place is a wasteland. All caused by the then illegal re-introduction of a species that has been extinct for circa 400 years and one that has no natural predators.

The problem is that some folk see our countryside as some sort of huge nature park/Disney film. It ain't!
    Last edited by westie4566; 05-12-2019 at 08:53 PM.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

guest2938 Guest

Iím free all weekend Andy, you tell me where and Iíll gladly meet up and we can put an end to this *****.

DCH

I'll be up at Chalmer's Hospital in Banff. Room 9 in the GP ward. Feel free.

....or is this just another of your veiled threats of violence like you've made in the past to other forum members?
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Come on lads! Donít get sucked in to this kinda thing.

Guys sort this out , this is not what a Salmon Forum is all about. Yes fall out and disagree and let each other know you are unhappy and you totally disagree but leave this tough guy stuff out. You guys would probably get on with one another if you met on a river bank and had a few drams discussing salmon fishing rather than sitting behind a keyboard and getting upset over some text.

I'm going to risk a guess that everyone has made their views on the Beavers known at this point?

Never thought things would go this bad fighting over those cute little rascals' but these are stressful times. The short days, no fishing for most and then all the holiday cheer business...ÖÖ.. But lets not go to the mats fellas.

If it will help I can put a hold on some posting to allow a cooling off period?

Think on it because this is embarrassing to read.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456