Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  137
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marty31 View Post
    reversing climate change perhaps, every little will help
    A cynic or a visionary? Elaborate, please, you must have thought this over.
    firefly

The mans a freak, full of self righteous.

reversing climate change perhaps, every little will help
    Climate change has been going on forever, how do you plan to stop it?

Quote Originally Posted by cgaines10 View Post
    Climate change has been going on forever, how do you plan to stop it?
    er have you been in hibernation? is it not no1 topic in the world? are the amazon rain forests burning uncontrollably? is the artic not melting? do trees not help? and you ask what I plan to do about it single handed? if the mans name wasn't packham you would be calling him a hero, get a grip mate
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

Default Packham v Beavers ?

er have you been in hibernation? is it not no1 topic in the world? are the amazon rain forests burning uncontrollably? is the artic not melting? do trees not help? and you ask what I plan to do about it single handed? if the mans name wasn't packham you would be calling him a hero, get a grip mate
    It certainly is right now, but as per my previous post the climate has forever changed. Itís nothing new. Itís impossible to reverse but we can reduce our footprint, but the climate will continue to change.

How did you come to the conclusion I would call Packham a hero? Heís irrelevant to my previous comment. Packham  v Beavers ?

Little bit of light reading for you Marty mate

Climate change - Abrupt climate changes in Earth history | Britannica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cgaines10; 02-12-2019 at 08:29 PM.

I am not even going to bother to click on to the link, we all know it can not be reversed, is the idea not to aim for as near carbon neutral as possible? and is tree planting not helping the process? I cannot see a handful of beavers making major problems considering the numbers of trees needed to make any impact, and asking what my plans are single handed to put a stop to CC? well I am not even going to bother to give a reply, if your trying to act funny? best advice is try someone else
    my three most successful flies are gold bodied willie gunn, gold bodied willie gunn and gold bodied willie gunn

Now Now gentlemen lets not fall out over 24 Billion tonnes of C02 emmisions. Yes Carbon neutral is the aim but let us not forget that the UK is a minor polluter compared to China,Russia,America who still rely heavily on coal. Also lets not forget that one of the worlds biggest go green initiatives "Bio fuels" resulted in 1.9 million tonnes of palm oil being used in European cars but if you look further then you will see that large sections of the Amazon Rain forest was cut down to grow this Palm Oil plant !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeeBee View Post
    Beavers are a good thing, they enhance flood protection and fish habitat.

Plus if they get too numerous the eagles and wolves will keep their numbers down.
    If only we hadn't killed all of them too...

Let's face it, Scotland's nature is trashed and lies in ruin. Barren, artificial treeless hills, row upon row of timber spruce plantations that do nothing for wildlife, abstracted and dammed rivers, over-grazed riverbanks, wind farms as far as the eye can see... The list goes on and on.

The only reason these reintroductions fail is because we destroyed the 'natural' Scotland a long time ago. Unless we're serious about reforestation on a huge scale I don't think there can be a place for the beavers.

How about asking a few American anglers how they view Beaver dams?
    I get the impression they're thought of as extremely beneficial to Trout and Salmon populations.
    Unusually the EA provided some local 'sanctuary ponds' for coarse fish on my local river Colne. Massive success as fry weren't swept downstream in floods and 8populated the, very small, river and it became almost wonderful.
    Cue EE arrivals around 2008, all fish disappeared.
    For 10 Yrs or more there are now no longer any swims and I very much doubt any anglers are fishing it at all.
    Golden opportunity for a 2lb Roach but do I want to risk all my gear being stolen by miscreants?
    Have reported numerous incidents of out of season fishing to the EA and guess what?
    Last edited by Isisalar; 03-12-2019 at 09:32 PM.

5593c528-d8bd-4c21-bd63-f51cad8d61a3-jpeg
    a9ab10d5-8ca7-4c20-be40-45f584e56d6b-jpeg

Shared these pics a while back when I was reading the book (Isabella Tree, Wilding). I seem to recall that water quality is excellent below a beaver dam - natural filters for run off.
    Last edited by Safranfoer; 03-12-2019 at 11:07 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast