Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  80
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For discussion

Default For discussion

6.There’s more to fishing than catching fish

Richard

”The over dependence on salmon catches as a figure that influences a beats popularity and it’s market value means that Proprietors and Ghillies are constantly under pressure to maintain catch numbers. This focus may be inhibiting diversification of river usage, pursuit of alternative fishing experiences, entrepreneurship and an appetite to widen the target audience.”

Luxury Wild Swimming experiences on the Tay anyone? Watch out for Vision 110s

The bit about wider stakeholder engagement is useful but overall; I cannot believe somebody paid for ‘Dunco’ (Prop Duncan Forbes?), to write this.

Rod licenses “may provide a useful marketing and information channel”. . Well quite Dunco, I lose count of the number of ‘new audiences’ the EA have reached through the ‘channel’ of licence holders’ emails.......

The Dee is a model

I read the first line of the presentation. That was enough for me.

'Our rivers have never been cleaner or better managed. '

Quote Originally Posted by Wee-Eck View Post
    I read the first line of the presentation. That was enough for me.

'Our rivers have never been cleaner or better managed. '
    Obviously not been to the Mersey catchment

This has opened up a very large can of worms.
    The paragraph about encouraging people to have lower expectations particularly amused me. I think that anyone coming to salmon fishing within the last 20 years has had to have lower expectations and how the author of the report thinks that people will be encouraged to spend thousands of pounds on equipment, travelling, accommodation, permits etc when there are no fish in the rivers is laughable.
    As for the expectation that 10 salmon in a lifetime is a reasonable expectation, well, words fail me.
    I could go on and on but the root of the problem is lack of salmon and until our so called Scottish Government remove the blinkers from their eyes and forget about Independence and get on with running the country, a job which they seem to be ill qualified to do,there will be no improvement.
    We are just sliding over the cliff.

What a load of tripe.

Allow me to charge you a fee sir so that I can pick the colour of paper to wrap your turd in and sell it back to you for a much higher price and richer smell..

Its a bit like selling golfing holidays but you can only play one or 2 holes on each course.

Some mention of not banning spinning. No mention of bait.

I don't know who did this, but I doubt their a salmon fisher.

Its nowhere near April.

Quote Originally Posted by mows View Post
    What a load of tripe.

Allow me to charge you a fee sir so that I can pick the colour of paper to wrap your turd in and sell it back to you for a much higher price and richer smell..

Its a bit like selling golfing holidays but you can only play one or 2 holes on each course.

Some mention of not banning spinning. No mention of bait.

I don't know who did this, but I doubt their a salmon fisher.

Its nowhere near April.
    I know this document was discussed by FMS at their agm (I think). It would be interesting to see the minutes.

A lot of SH.TE

Quote Originally Posted by phil.b View Post
    A lot of SH.TE
    Exactly And I though NRW in Wales was bad enough. Well they are but this Scottish document takes first prize. Good luck with that guys its total tripe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast