Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  78
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: For discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Handel View Post
    Or the Thames.
    Thames is quite clean enough to support a run of Salmon, I've even caught a few.
    That is until the EA/ Thames water repeatedly released huge quantities of raw sewage into the river because of a few summer thunderstorms.

Quote Originally Posted by Isisalar View Post
    Thames is quite clean enough to support a run of Salmon, I've even caught a few.
    That is until the EA/ Thames water repeatedly released huge quantities of raw sewage into the river because of a few summer thunderstorms.
    That must have been a few years ago. The sewage releases happen at any time of year now if there is heavy rain. I am told people who learn to row elsewhere in the UK or abroad have to learn to keep their mouths shut when rowing on the Thames. That is quite difficult when you are trying to keep out the smell. (I live near the river.)

Check out the authorís website - a bucketload of corporate cliches and buzzwords. After a working life devoted to sales and marketing, I can only conclude that what was written was what the client wanted to hear.

After over thirty years Salmon fishing, I can only conclude that the contents of this report are absolute rubbish.
    Elibank

What a pile a pi sh

There's more to fishing that catching fish? Is there, really? I don't pay good money to access good beat to look at the dippers or drink port and eat cheese in the hut. I want to catch a fish and that is my only aim when I'm out. Pushing that agenda is nonsense! The statement of people should be expected to catch 10 salmon in their lifetime and not in a week. Jeez, its almost as if the author has accepted that fishing is fecked beyond return! I wonder how much that cost to research and produce?

Oh dear some one recommended Sunday fishing! Some people will not be happy with that. How many minutes did it take them to think of that. Not exactly rocket science.

Awww, sh1te. It's bollox like this that really gives marketing a bad name.
    Pretending at research, developed from a template, say what you think your client wants to hear. Easy money, move onto the next mug.
    It's only a problem if anyone takes any notice of it. Surely nobody would take any notice of it. Well, let's see; is there a political party north of the border who wants to repurpose the rivers and countryside of Scotland because they don't like a privileged few owning the rights and pricing the only feasible business/leisure activity (salmon angling) out of the reach of their ordinary comrades?
    Nah, that's just me being paranoid. Isn't it?

Salmon fishing in most of Scotland is already at the place where dead mans shoes fishing can be booked easily due to unlet rods and empty weeks. A good friend just offloaded his Islamouth days and even his Taymount spring week. Now i believe Keirstream posted previously we are at the point where new salmon anglers without much knowledge are taking up some of these lets but again these will be dropped once the new anglers discover there is little to no fish there to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryPoker View Post
    There's more to fishing that catching fish? Is there, really? I don't pay good money to access good beat to look at the dippers or drink port and eat cheese in the hut. I want to catch a fish and that is my only aim when I'm out. Pushing that agenda is nonsense! The statement of people should be expected to catch 10 salmon in their lifetime and not in a week. Jeez, its almost as if the author has accepted that fishing is fecked beyond return! I wonder how much that cost to research and produce?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234