Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  45
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MCX's Christmas Stocking 2019

The 2019 edition of that cheerful perennial, MCX's Christmas Stocking, is available to view on Just One Week.

I've published a bit earlier than normal this year to allow more time for you to drop hints to Father (or Mrs) Christmas. You may also wish to move quickly because one of the bargains is likely to sell out quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by MCXFisher View Post
    The 2019 edition of that cheerful perennial, MCX's Christmas Stocking, is available to view on Just One Week.

I've published a bit earlier than normal this year to allow more time for you to drop hints to Father (or Mrs) Christmas. You may also wish to move quickly because one of the bargains is likely to sell out quickly.

Some good stuff there. Unfortunately already treated myself to some bits and bobs already (which I don't really need) -
    An SKB overdrive reel and a new Gaelforce line.
    My other half is starting to take an interest in fishing (after 30yrs !!), so I may end up buying stuff for her.
    Don't want her wrecking my stuff !

I store my aquasure in the freezer, when I need it I just take it out and put it in a cup with some warm water to bring it back to normal, been doing this for years without any problems, also cheers for the heads up on the Lamson reel I feel a purchase coming on

Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    I store my aquasure in the freezer, when I need it I just take it out and put it in a cup with some warm water to bring it back to normal, been doing this for years without any problems, also cheers for the heads up on the Lamson reel I feel a purchase coming on

Arnold
    Likewise Arnold. The only thing I perhaps do differently is I give the neck of the tube a quick wipe with cotol pre going back in the freezer. Saves the cap welding itself to the tube!!

Which leads me on to my only Christmas treat this year - new waders! My old Ikons have seen more DD and aquasure than should be allowed and limped their way through the closing days of the season. No complaints from me as they've done me proud.

Other than that, have no need of anything else. The hall table has been groaning under the weight of stuff ready for ebaying for about two months now....just haven't got round to it. Would put it on here but the rules are just mental now if you want a good clear out.

I have one other wish for Christmas and it's not about me....just someone very close to me. Material stuff pales against that wish.
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Quote Originally Posted by westie4566 View Post
    Likewise Arnold. The only thing I perhaps do differently is I give the neck of the tube a quick wipe with cotol pre going back in the freezer. Saves the cap welding itself to the tube!!

Which leads me on to my only Christmas treat this year - new waders! My old Ikons have seen more DD and aquasure than should be allowed and limped their way through the closing days of the season. No complaints from me as they've done me proud.

Other than that, have no need of anything else. The hall table has been groaning under the weight of stuff ready for ebaying for about two months now....just haven't got round to it. Would put it on here but the rules are just mental now if you want a good clear out.

I have one other wish for Christmas and it's not about me....just someone very close to me. Material stuff pales against that wish.
    I know yer a tight git but have a look at the guideline alta sonic tzip waders, a mate of mine has been using them for a while now and he's very very hard on waders really rates them, I've still got the old alta zip fronts I use for me winter fishing 10yr plus and still no leaks apart from when I have to much coffee for which the zip is handy once my simms g3's are done it'll be the guidelines for me

I can guess what your wish is andy and sincerely hope that you get it

I pick up my Christmas present on Saturday morning. I have gone and got myself a 10ft 9 weight NRX which I will be using for pike, bass and single handed salmon fishing. It will be paired up with the second part of my Christmas present which I pick up from the sorting office tomorrow. This is a Vision Merisoula 9 weight reel. The third wise man is a Scientific Anglers Mastery Titan 9 weight line. Ho, ho ho
    Last edited by Perrypokemon; 14-11-2019 at 11:08 PM.
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

Quote Originally Posted by westie4566 View Post

Don't know what your wish is but I promise you faithfully I will wish for it for you too. A little extra wishing fire power can't do any harm I hope
    It's all very well using WW2 analogies when referring to Brexit - 'spirit of the blitz' and all that. Imagine the curious atmosphere though if you were sitting in your air raid shelter looking around and realising that half of the people around you had voted to get bombed

I know yer a tight git but have a look at the guideline alta sonic tzip waders, a mate of mine has been using them for a while now and he's very very hard on waders really rates them, I've still got the old alta zip fronts I use for me winter fishing 10yr plus and still no leaks apart from when I have to much coffee for which the zip is handy once my simms g3's are done it'll be the guidelines for me

I can guess what your wish is andy and sincerely hope that you get it
    Will have a look at them Arnold, thanks for the 'heads up'! Was prob just going to go Vision again. Bearing in mind the cold water, did you add some Tena Man to your Christmas wish list

Thanks for the last bit...nae looking likely though,but I keep on hoping!!
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arnold
    Ditto.
    On the reel front I can recommend the Guru and have two of the 4in model.
    As a Christmas present, birthday present and just that I wanted one I purchased another Danielsson Control reel to go with the smaller one I already have and both sizes of the H5D.
    Superb reels for the money.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bassfly; 15-11-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast