Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  25
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quick test of 5 hrs with 4 different pre warmed flasks; Thermos 500 ml ( buttons), Chilly 500ml , Aladdin (stout + buttons ) 1 l. and J.lewis 1l. (normal no buttons) found John Lewis winner by 12% heat advantage at 88 deg c. vs c. 77 deg.c. from others upon opening.
    So it's volume and simple standard no button that keeps stuff warmer longer!

Button ?
    Remember Thomas Muir of Huntershill

I have tried a few in the years but this is the best I've had
    'Black+Blum is the name hols 400ml food still piping after 3+ hours I don't have cooking thermometer but after 3 hours it was off the scale on my old brass Hardy thermometer!Attachment 40726
    Attachment 40727

Quote Originally Posted by westie4566 View Post
    If it's just for keeping soup warm, then the standard cheapy one's from Asda are spot on. I can put soup in mine at 6.30am and it's still roasting hot come lunchtime. Obviously with all flasks, once you open it, things will start to cool.

I take it you preheat your flask with boiling water prior to adding the contents?
    Westie is correct. The secret is to preheat the flask with boiling water. Always works!

Quote Originally Posted by KILDONAN View Post
    I have tried a few in the years but this is the best I've had
    'Black+Blum is the name hols 400ml food still piping after 3+ hours I don't have cooking thermometer but after 3 hours it was off the scale on my old brass Hardy thermometer!Attachment 40726
    Attachment 40727
    This one ?

Food Flask - Black & Blum

Yes that's the one.

Quote Originally Posted by ibm59 View Post
    Is it really bad that I'm sitting here thinking, 'That's a nice looking flask...'?

I'm ageing.

Aye..Buttons on lids to open /close spout w/o unscrewing lid.....fiddlesome and prone to leaking.

Quote Originally Posted by meyre View Post
    Aye..Buttons on lids to open /close spout w/o unscrewing lid.....fiddlesome and prone to leaking.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Safranfoer View Post
    Is it really bad that I'm sitting here thinking, 'That's a nice looking flask...'?

I'm ageing.
    Yep!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234