Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DonCurlyHorny View Post
    Iím sure thereís a quality flask out there for what you need, I donít know which so canít offer advice, but have you considered a cheap camping gaz stove that can heat soup, noodles eg in a minute, or first thing before you start your fishing day fire up some bacon and eggs in no time, all out the back of the car. Save the washing up until you get home or take a gallon of water and scourer, clean and away you go.

DCH
    I love my wee pocket rocket gas stove and mini frying pan, usually take it with me for the grayling fishing a wee roll on square sausage and brown sauce goes down a treat and it takes up nae room at all in the back of my waistcoat

Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    I got a new Stanley at the weekend and I've used it a few times this week for my homemade soup for work, the soup was heated at 5am and was as hot as when it came out the pot at 1pm, I always pre heat any flask with boiling water before filling with hot beverages or food stuffs

Attachment 40687
    Only thing with the stanleys is that they weigh a ton.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrr View Post
    Only thing with the stanleys is that they weigh a ton.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    I've never really found the weight a problem Rrrr even when in the back of my waist coat, but it's a small compromise for hot food when it's -5 and you've been baw deep chucking nymphs 🎣

Thanks for all the advice chaps , I do pre-heat the flask and I suppose if it was just thin soup a normal flask would do the job , I was thinking more of a stew type thick soup and based on your comments it looks like a Stanley flask might be the answer. I have a Stanley flask for coffee and it is very good and probably keeps the coffee warmer for longer than most of the flasks I have bought in the past.
    With the food flasks I have tried putting tin foil between the plastic stopper and the cap and it does seem to slightly improve things but thanks again for all the useful advice.

My wee pocket rocket and frying pan (handle detaches) for the winter grayling fishing

dsc_0687-jpg

dsc_0688-jpg

dsc_0689-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by reservoirrobert View Post
    Thanks for all the advice chaps , I do pre-heat the flask and I suppose if it was just thin soup a normal flask would do the job , I was thinking more of a stew type thick soup and based on your comments it looks like a Stanley flask might be the answer. I have a Stanley flask for coffee and it is very good and probably keeps the coffee warmer for longer than most of the flasks I have bought in the past.
    With the food flasks I have tried putting tin foil between the plastic stopper and the cap and it does seem to slightly improve things but thanks again for all the useful advice.
    The Stanley one will be perfect for that I had a thick chunky ham and veg soup in mine today

Wide neck Stanley for chunky soup and stew in the wilderness, Chillys bottle for wine on the beach, kelly kettle for coffee and hot chocolate. You can buy good filter coffee for camping from good outdoor shops. Lifeís too short for bad coffee.

This thread could easily lead to alcohol stoves and the "fancy feast stove" once you have entered that rabbit hole there is another world of lightweight cooking.

Asda flask is perfectly fine unless you feel you need to spend more money for some reason.
    As westie suggested it's all about pre heating your flask before putting anything into it, I go the extra mile and wrap it in a towel for good measure and for padding, guaranteed to burn your tounge on that tasty tomato soup long into the afternoon if you do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamson v10 View Post
    My wee pocket rocket and frying pan (handle detaches) for the winter grayling fishing

dsc_0687-jpg

dsc_0688-jpg

dsc_0689-jpg
    Can't beat those wee stoves, have one similar that stays in the car. was in b&q last winter and they were flogging all the bbq stuff for pennies so I bought about 10 big gas canisters for about a tenner, normally that for 1, enough to keep me eating square sausages on the bank for life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast