Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Ever Heard Of The Eternal Optimist??

The Eternal Optimist is a lovely fly which looks to me that you could catch fish all year on it. A stick on, you would think?
    I make it a point to give it a throw every time I am out Spring and Autumn and never had so much as a pull on it.
    The point being, I think most members on the forum nowadays would rest easy enough under that description. For myself, I see myself that way as, despite not long ago putting the rods away after a long and mostly difficult season and thinking "will I put myself through all that mental anguish again next year?" the first time I see decent fishing coming up, well, you just have to book it, don't you?
    So, last night I was scrolling through Fishpal, minding my own business and trying my best to ignore the adverts when, in front of my eyes up popped an offer I could not refuse. A week on Kinnermony in mid April?? I'll have some of that!
    The online process failed and wouldn't allow me to book so this morning I was right on the phone and who answered? None other than Anne Woodcock. Anne can talk. What seemed like 2 hours or so later I came off the phone and wondered if in fact I had booked the rods but, rytenuff, as they say around Speyside and Inversneckie, the confirmation was in my inbox. Purrfect!
    So, 2 days in wonderful Speyside kicks it off in the Spring, my 1st bookings for the new season in this country. And it's still November.
    Anybody else got the ball rolling yet???
    Last edited by keirstream; 13-11-2019 at 08:43 PM.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Got a few booked
    April 4 days Kercock
    May 3 days Stobhall
    June 3 days Lower Kinnaird.
    August 4 days Kercock
    September 7 days in Ireland.
    Years nearly full,

Nice one Tom,you'll enjoy that.

Aye, booked up at Tulchan again for April and have added an extra day to it for next year. Cannae wait!
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Mine will probably be the same thirty odd days on the Ribble Ever Heard Of The Eternal Optimist?? keep saying I will book a few days up Scotland somewhere but don't know where or when to start.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Deposit sent for weeks 22 and 38 on Thurso. Far to much money so no ghillies next year and having just turned 74 need to get as much fishing in whilst i still have some mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by westie4566 View Post
    Nice one Tom,you'll enjoy that.

Aye, booked up at Tulchan again for April and have added an extra day to it for next year. Cannae wait!
    I'll most likely be fishing a couple of days there also in April along with The Banjo who has the booking. He is fishing with me on Kinermony. It's a braw time to be on the Spey.
    Then mibees a couple of days along with the Southie Maestro himself. He has guaranteed springers or else he'll refund the permit money out of his retirement golden handshake or did I hear him wrong??? Before that in March I have a standing 3 day booking on Gallery when I would like to fit in a day on Stracathro for myself. I like there.
    After that in early April I have an invitation for 3 days on the Helmsdale which is sadly now just a bit too early but really looking forward to the experience and catching up with Youngy again. Last week in April is 3 or 4 days on East Haugh which has been pants over the last 2 or 3 seasons but it'll be better next year.
    Mid May sees us on the Conon for a week. Throw in regular weekly rods on the Teith and Earn and I have officially run out of time next season.
    As I said, an Eternal Optimist.
    Last edited by keirstream; 13-11-2019 at 09:39 PM.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Quote Originally Posted by barbonboy View Post
    Got a few booked
    April 4 days Kercock
    May 3 days Stobhall
    June 3 days Lower Kinnaird.
    August 4 days Kercock
    September 7 days in Ireland.
    Years nearly full,
    Some nice beats there, especially if the mighty Tay picks up.
    Where would you go in Ireland in September?
    I wouldn't mind a tilt at the Mourne myself.
    Respect My Authorita!!

Findhorn March and June
    Spey Tulchan April
    NC500 fishing trip year 2 canít wait

And all with guid pals.... braw !

DCH

Quote Originally Posted by keirstream View Post
    I'll most likely be fishing a couple of days there also in April along with The Banjo who has the booking. He is fishing with me on Kinermony. It's a braw time to be on the Spey.
    Then mibees a couple of days along with the Southie Maestro himself. He has guaranteed springers or else he'll refund the permit money out of his retirement golden handshake or did I hear him wrong??? Before that in March I have a standing 3 day booking on Gallery when I would like to fit in a day on Stracathro for myself. I like there.
    After that in early April I have an invitation for 3 days on the Helmsdale which is sadly now just a bit too early but really looking forward to the experience and catching up with Youngy again. Last week in April is 3 or 4 days on East Haugh which has been pants over the last 2 or 3 seasons but it'll be better next year.
    Mid May sees us on the Conon for a week. Throw in regular weekly rods on the Teith and Earn and I have officially run out of time next season.
    As I said, an Eternal Optimist.
    Haha, if your on Tulchan wi the Southie Maestro then you'll be up the same time as us. We did the original booking of the two beats together a few years back.

Totally forgot about Stracathro!! We have our usual spring days there plus our seatrout nights over the summer. Also have Park in Feb. Add that to my Brechin and ADAA fishing and it's already getting to be a busy year!
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Kicking things off early with 3 days on upper Floors in Feb, then 3 days at the end of April / beginning of May on Kincardine on the Dee, end of May another 3 days on Junction, followed by 3 days on Banchory in mid June & a week on the Spey in August.
    Then a week with Rennie waving the big rods around at Rome Croy (Tay) in September & a week on the Luce in October.
    Sadly we ditched our week on the Tweed at the end of October/ beginning of November last year after almost 30 years in my case, so may have to look for something else to replace it earlier in the year....

Tyke.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast