Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  417
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

I like to fish my favourite river fairly early in the morning. I have a caravan only 10 mins away so I can often get on the river before anyone else. I am usually leaving before anyone else turns up !
    Mind you it's a pretty long beat so even if I am beaten to my favourite pools, there's plenty to go at.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicharito View Post
    I like to fish my favourite river fairly early in the morning. I have a caravan only 10 mins away so I can often get on the river before anyone else. I am usually leaving before anyone else turns up !
    Mind you it's a pretty long beat so even if I am beaten to my favourite pools, there's plenty to go at.
    So it's you!? We get up at the crack of dawn! Drive for miles, anticipation is flowing, turn the corner and some b u g g e r is in the car park before you lol

They must all be heavy boozers where I fish cos there's never anyone there before 10 and they clear off at tea time What've You Learned This Year?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mc andy View Post
    So it's you!? We get up at the crack of dawn! Drive for miles, anticipation is flowing, turn the corner and some b u g g e r is in the car park before you lol
    Ainít that the truth!!!

I would be an evening person.

It is almost impossible to get 'rested' pools on my river as there are trout anglers fishing through the night, the early birds hitting them from first light and then the late risers hitting them from mid morning until after lunchtime. I give them a rattle then after my tea but I can't say that I fish the twilight. I'm usually home again by 9:30 at the latest to give my dogs a run before they're kenneled for the night.
    One of the best skills that an angler can ever develop is knowing the difference between passing the time and wasting it!

In the car park?, sluggard, I'll have been fishing 1/2hr!
    Pedro.

Got to agree with you.
    When thereís fish (usually grilse) on the go on my local spate river, I generally find myself on the water at first light, pick up a fish or 2 then be off the water & on my way to work before anyone bothers to turn up.
    I find that If I manage to drag myself out of my bed, I always do better & find first light more productive than evenings.
    The problem is the older I get the more I enjoy my bed

Yes ! But I am only up there every few weeks.
    Most of the time the club members have it to themselves.
    You can't beat that feeling when you turn into the car park and you are first there !
    It's a rush to get the waders on and assemble the part made up rod and head down the track before anyone else arrives. You dread every car that goes past as it may be some fellow anglers who you might have to engage in small talk with when all you want to do is get down the track to your favourite pool !
    Then you get there and there's fresh footprints in the sand and you know that somebody has beaten you to it and are already back home with a fish in the freezer.

Yes ! But I am only up there every few weeks.
    Most of the time the club members have it to themselves.
    You can't beat that feeling when you turn into the car park and you are first there !
    It's a rush to get the waders on and assemble the part made up rod and head down the track before anyone else arrives. You dread every car that goes past as it may be some fellow anglers who you might have to engage in small talk with when all you want to do is get down the track to your favourite pool !
    Then you get there and there's fresh footprints in the sand and you know that somebody has beaten you to it and are already back home with a fish in the freezer.
    Lol...a feeling I know so well!!!
    ..........so many flies, so little time!

Excellent reflective posts on here. I've got little to add, except that I learned that the man who said: "many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it's not the fish they are after", was right.
    firefly

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast