Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: System 2 reels

Default System 2 reels

Dose anyone fish with system 2 reels anymore. I've been on eBay trying to sell some but no one interested.

My mate does, really well made reels!

I use one for trout. Great reels with a nice smooth drag.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fishmantogo View Post
    Dose anyone fish with system 2 reels anymore. I've been on eBay trying to sell some but no one interested.
    Sadly they do not go for much at all, despite being what I would consider to be a very capable, robust and reliable fly reel which punches well above it's weight. I have personally landed Salmon on the 10-11 version up to the high 2Olb mark and believe they are a fantastic choice for a beginner?
    I still have mine despite having paid some silly money for some of the finest reels out there since!

KChrome

Quote Originally Posted by KChrome View Post
    Sadly they do not go for much at all, despite being what I would consider to be a very capable, robust and reliable fly reel which punches well above it's weight. I have personally landed Salmon on the 10-11 version up to the high 2Olb mark and believe they are a fantastic choice for a beginner?
    I still have mine despite having paid some silly money for some of the finest reels out there since!

KChrome
    Ive noticed they dont seem to go for much. On the other hand people seem to pay alot for batterd old hardy marquis on ebay when the system 2 is a better reel.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I had an 8/9 unvented one in mint condition - wish I hadnít sold it. Great reel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a collection of them sold a few a while back but as you say donít make much money now Iím just hanging on to mine rather than take silly money
    Fantastic well made bomb proof reels the 8/9 would be perfect for a switch rod in my opinion
    Last edited by Potbellied Pig; 08-11-2019 at 06:41 PM.

I do.
    Use the 12/13 on the big rod.
    Got an excellent on on this forum!
    But I have a 9/11 on the switch that I bought on here also and it's perfect.
    There is a lot on ebay that ask so way too much!!
    The only cheap one on ebay just now, rejected all bids and as such, nobody is interested in biding any more. Me included.
    Even though it's a very good price.

Cheers

Mows

Great reels, the muttís nuts...
    Elibank

Iíve still got a 12/13, sometimes use it.
    Prefer my Youngís 1540.
    The system2 has a cork based drag, if Iím wading deep my reels often get a good soaking. And if the cork gets soaked it expands and the drag stops working.
    The 1540ís are just click ratchet & exposed rims, prefer them.
    System2ís - good reels but drags not for me.
    Last edited by neilt; 08-11-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast