Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default which flights d you guys use to north norway

I have been on skyscanner for a few hours now trying to figure out the best opotion from flying from either edinburgh or aberdeen to Northn norway.

I cn easily get flights to oslo and then to kirkinnes but also lookingfor options to flyto Lakselv area as stiill unsure of destination.

Happy to take hire care and travel however if you giuys that have done a similar trip woukd point me in what yiu think are the best and quickest options i woukld be ratefully as itis a bit of a minefielf.inc some long stays inairport

Cheers
    Last edited by hairyscotsman; 07-11-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyscotsman View Post
    I have been on skyscanner for a few hours now trying to figure out the best opotion from flying from either edinburgh or aberdeen to Northn norway.

I cn easily get flights to oslo and then to kirkinnes but also lookingfor options to flyto Lakselv area as stiill unsure of destination.

Happy to take hire care and travel however if you giuys that have done a similar trip woukd point me in what yiu think are the best and quickest options i woukld be ratefully as itis a bit of a minefielf.inc some long stays inairport

Cheers
    Avoid going through Schiphol at all costs.
    We lost our gear on transfer to Trondheim & I knew a few others in the same boat.

Only fished the Gaula so can’t help with further north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers
    For the past couple of years I have stuck with SAS, if you book early enough its same day travel both ways via Oslo. From Kirkennes to Lakselv would be covered by internal flights, possibly Widero who are SAS partners? Although, given arrival time at Kirkennes of around 8.00p.m. it would likely be next day earliest meaning a stay in the Scandic or Thon for £100 or so.
    Having a car may be the best option but unless there is a group would cost an individual fortune.
    Respect My Authorita!!

I always fly to Lakselv. Transit, Oslo, Tromso, then Lakselv. Or Alta. think Norweagan Air do some cheaper flights to Alta.
    As has been said hiring a car in Norway, is expencive. I always hire from a friend, normally a van, and sling a mattress in the back.

It all depends on where you are going to fish in Finnmark. From the south of Norway, the most important airports are, from West to East: Tromsø, Alta, Lakselv and Kirkenes.
    Remember that distances can be huge, between the main cities and the interesting rivers. To fly within Finnmark, as Keirstream mentions, look at Widerøe here is their English website
    Book flight tickets | Wideroe
    For car rental, have a look at «Rent a wreck». Cheaper than most, they have rent outlets in quite a few tourist locations in Finnmark.
    G.
    Last edited by Gauldalen; 07-11-2019 at 06:10 PM.

I am lookig at flying in to Alta from Scotland direct and hiring fromm wrent a wreck to fish both vestre jacobselv and then stabberselv area.
    Can you guys see flaws in this option ?
    cHEERS

I am lookig at flying in to Alta from Scotland direct and hiring fromm wrent a wreck to fish both vestre jacobselv and then stabberselv area.
    cHEERS
    Yes, the mileage!
    You have approximately 500 kms of driving, between six and seven hours on these roads! Much better to use Kirkenes airport! You can fly from Kirkenes to Vadsø, if you so wish, which brings you closer to your fishing destination, Vestre Jakobselv being about 15 kms from Vadsø. The road distance is about 150 km, Kirkenes-Stabburelva is about the same.
    Be sure to secure your fishing licence prior to your trip to the Vestre Jakobselv. On the spot day tickets are sold through a lottery system and there are not many of them!

cHEERS
    Jakobselva has some limits on the licence for non residents of finnmark, you need to stop with a designated accommodation provider, the catch is there is only one campsite that has permits for non residents and that Is a daily lottery draw of people staying at the site so depends on how many people want tickets that day.

The other option is need to stop in one of the camps who have cabins but they are expensive especially for one person due to the quality of that river the owners know the worth that can be 200 to 300 euros a night but of course sleep more then 1 person so its best to go with a small group .

If you go there you can also fish the komag, neiden etc and fantastic sea trout dishing

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

On Stabburselva there is also lottery for some zones. And the licence can be bought in Stabbursnes Museum only. So it is good to have a plan B.

Norwegian Air have a service from Oslo to Lakselv which I used this year . Its a 737 and less than 2 hours. I'm not sure of the frequency but we flew in on a Thursday and back out on the following Saturday week .